Fishing on Sanibel?

Heading down to Sanibel & Captiva 10/27 for a week......Anybody catching anything? Any suggestions ? If anybody needs a fishing buddy to share expenses let me know

Thanks !

Replies

• PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    I am here at Sanibel now. Fishing off the beach is terrible---nonexistent. Go down to Blind Pass, snook are running and I have seen some Black Drum being caught. I caught a 34 inch Snook down there on Thursday.
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Just got here. Let you know what I see about noon.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • viccapviccap Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Thanks PONCE and Gary ! I assume Sandy has really screwed up the water ....How dirty is the water and what should I use to do some catching in dirty water?

Thanks again for your reports, help and advice !
    Its blowing a solid 20 right now and dirty. Sight fishing is less than ideal. At least its not hot.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Surf water was clear on Friday and a little murky mid week. Clear as a bell down at Blind Pass. I will report and put a pic of the Snook I caught up in the Big Benb section once your there. The guys fishing. Off the bridge were doing ok. Grab some shrimp at the Bait Box or net some bait once you are there.
    PONCE wrote: »
    Surf water was clear on Friday and a little murky mid week. Clear as a bell down at Blind Pass. I will report and put a pic of the Snook I caught up in the Big Benb section once your there. The guys fishing. Off the bridge were doing ok. Grab some shrimp at the Bait Box or net some bait once you are there.

If you are on the east end stop over for a beer.

If you are on the east end stop over for a beer.

Gary Im back home now, would have if known. We stayed off Casa
    Ybel