Struck Gold with Copper Spoon in the Indian Fields.

Took a friend out to the Indian fields sunday evening. It was a little windy and it was a middle tide but we still managed to score. My friend kris caught a few trout on a dark colored twirly tail jig and a sizable snook on a gold spoon that poped off at his boat. I was tossing a watermelon gulp twirly tail for a bit and picked up a cat fish..so I switched to a spook..I got a few pops but no takers. So I switched again to a copper weedless spoon..within a few casts I was hooked up...I got it close to the boat it was a redfish..but 10ft beyond the redfish loomed a 5ft+ bull shark...I was definitely fearing for my hands as I reached down for the red fish. The redfish must have seen the shark and wigged out which in turn freaked out the shark...what a scaredie shark! As the sun set we headed back to the launch...we past by some tailing action so I cast the copper spoon in there..and wammmo the snook hit it..and proceed to jump out the water more the 5 times during our short fight. It was a great day..
i-bJs6hcc-M.jpg
i-rNhD9X6-M.jpg
i-L65rr9G-M.jpg
i-CRwFmVt-M.jpg
i-7DwGSs7-M.jpg
i-CkN866L-Th.jpg i-d4LXDZ9-Th.jpgi-LS8DLJK-S.jpg

Replies

• tilemantileman Posts: 1,101 Officer
    thanks for the report...the I. field used to be a favorite place for me.
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,610 Moderator
    Thanks for the report and all the lure details,nice images..
    larrywitt
  • TimGleasonTimGleason Posts: 286 Deckhand
    My fave spot to fish. Love to fish tailers out there. Don't get too many snook so good on you!