Home Humminbird

The 1198 model

AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
I am looking to buy the 1198 model and have some questions.

1). What is the difference between the 1198C SI and the 1198 CXA models?

2). I also want to get the 3000ft transducer but cannot find the part number to order on their website. Can you get me the part number for that transducer.

3). In the future I want to add the new Radar to this unit. Please confirm that it is compatible.

4). I currently have a 788CI HD model on the boat mounted on top of the console. I want to install the 1198 into the dash. Can I have both units running at the same time?

5). Can I link both units together and if so, what is the advantage?

6). Does the 1198 model have a build in antenna? And if not, will the one I have for the 788 work for it?

7). Can two units use the same external antenna?
ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg

Replies

• FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,286 Officer
    Jeff you might have better luck getting answers here:
    http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php?sid=0cb46db898c5b4a66f9946fb07e6efe5
    or here
    http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/index.php
    For whatever reason they don't seem to be responding here much anymore.
    Where'd you see anything about a CXA model? Not familair with that and nothing showing on the website. I'm pretty sure you can't run two units at the same time on seperate TD's because each unit would pick up the others stray sound waves (might work if they are on different frequencies). I think they can share most things like GPS antenna, TD etc through ethernet. Some talk around the web they are going to be coming out with LED screens soon.. might be worth holding off if for nothing else they'll prolly b sales on the older models.
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • HBirdDeborahCRCHBirdDeborahCRC Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    1). What is the difference between the 1198C SI and the 1198 CXA models?
    The CXA is the international version of the product.
    2). I also want to get the 3000ft transducer but cannot find the part number to order on their website. Can you get me the part number for that transducer.
    The transducer for the extended depth is a bronze thru hull it woudl be the Airmar B260 1kw transducer 50/200 khz
    3). In the future I want to add the new Radar to this unit. Please confirm that it is compatible.
    Yes, the 1198 will work with the Radar, the 2KW radar can be found below:
    http://store.humminbird.com/products/519444/AS_12RD2KW
    and the 4KW radar can be found below:
    http://store.humminbird.com/products/524903?product_id=7349347cc34fd0426fcb31657a428b69

4). I currently have a 788CI HD model on the boat mounted on top of the console. I want to install the 1198 into the dash. Can I have both units running at the same time?

B]Yes, you may run both units at the same time, if the beams overlap from the two transducers you may have sonar/sonar interferance, not always but there is a chance of getting this type of interference.[/B]

5). Can I link both units together and if so, what is the advantage?
    You can use the Ethernet feature with the units. You would need the ethernet adapter cable for the 700 HD unit and then the ethernet cable to attach the two units. This would allow you to have a network between the two and you could share sonar (traditional dual beam sonar only since the 788ci HD does not support Side Imaging) and gps

6). Does the 1198 model have a build in antenna? And if not, will the one I have for the 788 work for it?
    The 1198 has an external gps receiver, with ethernet you can opt to use the internal receiver on the 788ci HD , however the 788ci HD would have to turned on for the 1198 to support the internal receiver from the 788ci HD

7). Can two units use the same external antenna?
    Yes, they can use the same external receiver also via the ethernet feature with the network set up.

Deborah @ Humminbird
    Deborah @ Humminbird