Price of Coffee!!! Dunkin Donuts = JUNK!!!!

2»

Replies

• Larry MacLarry Mac Posts: 5,465 Admiral
    pupraiser wrote: »
    What happened?? Is there some sort of coffee bean shortage?

Every few weeks I buy 4 - 1# bags of coffee at Dunkin Donuts. I do that because if you buy 4 bags they give you a pretty good discount. 4 bags is normally $20. Well, today I go in and they are now charging $26 for 4 bags!!! :Angry

Is China starting to drink coffee or something?
    Cheapest I have ever seen it is 4 # for $24 ( 5.99 each) usually during the holidays.

normally they are $7.99 each so the 4 #'s for $26 is the best deal you will see in our area until the holidays when it goes to the $5.99 price (if you buy 4)
  • BobDBobD Posts: 1,969 Captain
    Don't forget, Dunkin just went public. Now it's the bottom line for the shareholders.
    Build your dream or someone will hire you to build theirs.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    td. wrote: »
    Starting a thread over 6 bucks a month...:thumbsup

NO, it's not the money.. it's the COFFEE....

Pup is like getting the answer 42. He doesn't even know his question.
    deep_thought.jpg
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,435 Captain
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Do you dry out and reuse paper towels?

Of course not...paper towels ! I might as well flush my money. I dry my hands with dryer lint I collect from the laundromat.
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    Pretty soon we're going to read where some caffeine-crazed, jittery dude in a tank top pulls a gun on the Publix clerk for a cart full of Colombian drip grind. Gots ta have it!
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • johnDjohnD WC FLPosts: 6,412 Admiral
    42oz bag of 8 o'clock @ Sams $14 and some change.
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    That is still way cheap. Most of the fancy stuff that goes into the grinder here is $9.99 to $14.99 per "lb." Although, that pound has gone down to 14oz in some cases. Still worth it.
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    td. wrote: »
    Starting a thread over 6 bucks a month...:thumbsup

If you think about the inputs.....

My pee must be worth about $5 a gallon easily
    Sieg Heil!

I resign from OT
    Will be talking to myself in sports....TA TA
  • brettfitzbrettfitz Posts: 438 Deckhand
    Here's the next step: Roast your coffee at home.
    http://www.u-roast-em.com/coffee-beans.html

Basically you order your beans "green" from wherever you want in the world, roast them in the old fashioned air-poppers (I bought two at some Salvation Army sort of store a few years ago for a total of $3. They both still work perfectly).

You roast them outside, because it gets kind of messy, but the coffee is amazing. Sweet, clean - there is no other way to get truly fresh coffee. A roasting will be fresh for almost a week. But twice a week roasting is best. An excuse to hang in the garage and drink a beer.

Once you've roasted a few different beans and blended your own concoction, you are ready for the ultimate cup of coffee:
    http://www.baharris.org/coffee/VintagePots.htm

For what it's worth, the price of coffee at uroastem has gone up about 20% over the past 3 years.
    "A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
    -John Gierach
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 8,577 Admiral
    logo1.gif

1lb. $27.50 plus shipping

catphoto.jpg

1 lb. $5.95
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Pup start sipping tea...
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    I just got a lb a Blue Mountain that cost me $2,500...
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • big_tbig_t Posts: 589 Officer
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    ...in Jamaican dollars. :grin
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg