Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Good Dolphin Action Yesterday. Sails and Cobia the Day before, AJ's and Reds before..

Sorry it’s been a little while since I posted, We’ve been fishing right along and too busy rigging, cleaning, and fixing to post. Over the last few weeks versatility is the name of the game. From fishing the beach for Cobia, Sails and Kings, to live baiting the reefs and wrecks for AJ’s, Grouper, Snapper, and Cuda, to Trolling for dolphin and sails to putting the kites up, to live baiting out of the riggers, to jigging, and so on. It seems like by the end of the day we’ve used as many as 20 different rods on some days. But, it has been paying off, and being ready is the name of the game.
Yesterday I fished a ¾ day fishing charter out of Stuart and after catching a few amber jack on the reef, we headed offshore to catch some dolphin and maybe a sail. Unfortunately, the sails did not cooperate, but the I’m glad to report that the dolphin were more than willing to play. We caught 10, kept 8 and saw and had a bunch more on. At one point for 10 minutes we had 10 to 20 pounders swimming around the boat. They were curious, but not at all hungry. They must have been feeding on the full moon all night, is all I can come up with. But other than that school we had great action, and all nice sized fish too.
The best of it was in 265 feet of water NE of the inlet on an edge with some scattered grass and birds picking around. Once this full moon fades I expect fishing to get real good. There are some fish around and there is another cold front coming down.
Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Looking forward to taking you fishing soon,
Scotty
Capt. Scott Fawcett
Off the Chain / Fly Swatter
www.offthechainfishing.com

Replies