Surf and Lagoon

ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,664 Captain
Fished Playalinda lot#1 Saturday from 6:30am to 9 am. I caught a 18" Whiting and 5 small Whiting and 1 small Bluefish. Threw those back. My friend caught 1 small Whiting(went back) and 1 keeper 11".Wind started picking up and couldn't hold with 6 oz. Went to the lagoon and caught a 23" Trout on topwater Red/White Heddon Spook.

Replies

• fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Dude!! A 23" trout is big! Nice catch, and thanks for the report!
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,664 Captain
    Thanks fishboy. Have you been out to Playalinda lately?
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    The weekend before this last weekend i was out there for a couple hours and i did well with the whiting, but this weekend I hit cocoa and the fishing was terrible. I will be out there saturday and sunday
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    I was out at Playalinda Thurs and it sucked. The forecasted 10 mph winds were more like 20+. 1 stingray on finger mullet. No Blues, or anything else. The only one catching was the guy next to us having a ball pulling in whiting that were barely bigger than the bait we were using.
    Went to the lagoon and caught a 23" Trout on topwater Red/White Heddon Spook.

Like this one:
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao