Home Politics

VW Superbowl ad deemed offensive and racist.

Replies

• old thompsonold thompson Posts: 6,497 Officer
    heathen wrote: »
    you're getting your "countryass" kicked around and it is highly amusing. dayyum indeedy. :rotflmao

What a profound statement filled with intelligent thought and reason...

Hey rubber knifer- you got any firearms, or just water pistols loaded with urine and malice?

:)
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    you're getting your "countryass" kicked around and it is highly amusing. dayyum indeedy. :rotflmao
    We ( meaning MEN ) have a word for people of your ilk..... It's " **** ", I won't say what we did to ya'll after football games,.... I am sure that you are still sore. :)
  • Slopps08Slopps08 Posts: 1,038 Officer
    I think Mel Brooks should write a commercial! Lets see what they would think about that!

Tight lines to everybody!
  • old thompsonold thompson Posts: 6,497 Officer
    dayyum. :)

That's quite a **** heathen, does Doris mind?
  • Actually Gary, I do feel that you have valid points and are well educated but it seems to me ( after years of being here ) that you tend to blow both ways in order to cause division. That in my mind, makes you a worse character than lil ricky... he may hide behind a parapet and toss bombs but at least He lobs the same bombs at the same imaginary enemies. You...... just try to sound smarter than those in a trailer.

Rick Ryals does not post here.

You may not like what I post because I take the side of common sense which is not owned by either political party , religion, scholar or dumbasss here. I'm on my side and appreciate the latter not be on it.

Thank ypu.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Doris for the win!
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    When I see the old guard wearing ascots and wearing sansbelts, I expect to see an old pink cadallic and Gary.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    So,the morons at the NY Times and others have deemed this ad too offensive and racist to be aired,forcing VW to pull the ad.I dont know if i'm more pissed off at the NY Times and the other liberal offensive police ******nozzles or VW for actually pulling the ad.Even the Jamaicans that have seen the ad find it not only funny but see its positive message.I'm so sick of the political correct bull**** in this country I could puke.
    http://www.eurweb.com/2013/01/jamaica-has-no-problem-with-vw-super-bowl-ad/

The OP and all the others up in arms here been punked. No ad was banned just more easy fish got butt-hooked on the troll.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Chubs,.............. I am truly sad for your loneliness. Maybe someone will throw you a party at 10,000 posts buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...... that's gotta make you feel better.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Hey Wade, wind yer neck in.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Paul, be careful... I may start visiting off topic. Won't that be fun ? !!!
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Haha! You guys are awesome. This is some of the same crew I do the Old Spice commercials with.

Deutsch LA delivered - a spot that gets talked about :) They kinda won the Superbowl already.
  • heathenheathen Posts: 7,080 Officer
    What a profound statement filled with intelligent thought and reason...

Hey rubber knifer- you got any firearms, or just water pistols loaded with urine and malice?

:)

tommi girl, you wanna man up and tell us how many dollars a dollar is worth? :grin

you've been running from that one ever since you claimed the constitution said a dollar was worth .8 ounces of silver.

:rotflmao
    We ( meaning MEN ) have a word for people of your ilk..... It's " **** ", I won't say what we did to ya'll after football games,.... I am sure that you are still sore. :)

so you're gay ? :grin
    I'll make it a bit simpler for you so that you can understand.... You are but a cheerleader for your heroes here, that's all you do is throw up your pom-poms for " your side " as you have no original thought of your own.
  • lawaiaalawaiaa Posts: 1,266 Officer
    Reuters) - Arab-American groups have sharply criticized a Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad depicting an Arab walking through the desert with a camel, and one group said it would ask the beverage giant to change it before CBS airs the game on Sunday before an expected audience of more than 100 million U.S. viewers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/31/us-superbowl-ad-idUSBRE90U03T20130131

Is nothing sacred!.....:grin
  • lawaiaa wrote: »
    Reuters) - Arab-American groups have sharply criticized a Coca-Cola Super Bowl ad depicting an Arab walking through the desert with a camel, and one group said it would ask the beverage giant to change it before CBS airs the game on Sunday before an expected audience of more than 100 million U.S. viewers.

I'm surprised you guys didn't protest 50 First Dates.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    I'll make it a bit simpler for you so that you can understand.... You are but a cheerleader for your heroes here, that's all you do is throw up your pom-poms for " your side " as you have no original thought of your own.

let me make it clearer for you: you're too simple to grasp the points being made at your expense and i find that highly amusing. :grin
    Boy you are a real fart smeller, how ever could I possibly win a debate against your intellect ? You do seem to love using the smileys, do you read any of the words in a book while looking at the illustrations ?
  • lawaiaalawaiaa Posts: 1,266 Officer
    I'm surprised you guys didn't protest 50 First Dates.

It was a cute movie...... we're really not offended that easily:grin
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    so you're gay ? :grin
    Boy you are a real fart smeller, how ever could I possibly win a debate against your intellect ? You do seem to love using the smileys, do you read any of the words in a book while looking at the illustrations ?
    let me make it clearer for you: you're too simple to grasp the points being made at your expense and i find that highly amusing. :grin

pretty funny stuff.....
    reel "swallowed" that cast and got gut hooked....
    i think heathen has made reel out to be the fool that he is.....
    typical.....

carrion~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    mac
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • It definitely is no place for beginners .

• mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    It definitely is no place for beginners .

i remember the first time i stumbled into the "cesspool".....
    ain't no place fer whimps or dummies.....

mac
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • Cut runnerCut runner Posts: 948 Officer
    Dumbazzes...
    You guys do know there are actually "white" native jamaicans?
  • ac2020ac2020 Posts: 5,730 Officer
    I'm just offended that I watched an ad that was blatantly f'king stupid more than anything else.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Cut runner wrote: »
    Dumbazzes...
    You guys do know there are actually "white" native jamaicans?

and white African Americans... and African American Canadians, and African American Frenchmen, and African American Swedes, etc etc.

That's why I never use the term African American to describe a black person. My white brother in-law is African American, born in S. Africa. When he was in college in the late 70s, about the time blacks began calling themselves African Americans, he saw a poster in the student center for an African American club meeting. He thought "wow, that's interesting, I'll check it out". They about threw him out on his ears. :)
  • shadowwalkershadowwalker Posts: 2,200 Captain
    If I were Jamaican I'd have enjoyed it even more than I did. :)
  • Sorry, it doesn't work that way. White immigrants from Africa, do not enjoy the use of that racial descriptor, by name or benefit of preferences.

• magotmagot Posts: 6,640 Officer
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    My white brother in-law is African American, born in S. Africa.

Slight derail ----> I had a co-pilot (white boy) from S. Africa. Several times I introduced him as "My favorite African American." I thought it was funny. He, not so much. :grin
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    lawaiaa wrote: »

I worked on the Coke one this year :).