Home Politics

Obama: 'I Am Not a King'

Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
It’s good to be king—or at least the man who has to deny being one.

In an interview with the leading Hispanic network Univision, President Barack Obama stated, “I think it’s important to remind everybody that, what I’ve said previously, I am not a king, I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law, and that is what we’ve done.”

Just last week, a federal court ruled that Obama unconstitutionally made recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board and bypassed the Senate.

The Obama administration has also refused to enforce laws requiring the deportation 800,000 illegal aliens and stopped defending the Defense of Marriage Act while it remains federal law.

The Obama White House forced Chrysler’s secured creditors to take 30 cents on the dollar, even though they were entitled to “absolute priority,” while labor unions who were junior creditors received a larger return, violating bankruptcy law and the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses.

The President’s administration fired Inspector General Gerald Walpin without 30 days’ notice, violating the Inspector General Reform Act of 2008, which Obama himself co-sponsored while still a Senator.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/30/Obama-I-m-Not-A-King

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 

Replies

• NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Nor is he an ideologue.
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,957 Captain
    The best Politicians recognize cultural changes of it's constituents, even if it means compromising their personal beliefs.

This becomes more evident as the cultural change becomes more demanding.

The drug of choice for any Politician is the "vote",

But for right or wrong you can not stop human cultural changes...its all we got.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    Breitbart, truly representative of the very best the conservative brain trust [sic], has to offer America.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Breitbart, truly representative of the very best the conservative brain trust [sic], has to offer America.

Typical frivolous response, attack the messenger when you don't like and can't attack the message.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG
    cpr wrote: »
    Typical frivolous response, attack the messenger when you don't like and can't attack the message.

Who's attacking? I truly mean what I say about the pinnacle of conservative thought, I mean it with all due respect.

If you want further proof that I'm right, just read the comments section of what you posted, representative of the very best, of the best.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    I agree with B.T. a different source should have been chosen. It was reported by other news sources. Why give the left something obvious to pick at by choosing a conservative new consolidation source? Better selection of a source lets the message get through and not derailed.

Now with that said, interesting choice of words here by the POTUS.

Text: "I am not a king, I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law....."

Translation: I did really want to follow the law but I had to.....
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,461 Moderator
    Translation: I didn't really want to follow the law so, like a King (which I'm not), I didn't.....

FIFY
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    I agree with B.T. a different source should have been chosen. It was reported by other news sources.

Yeah, you have a good point.

Thing is, I could care less about those who take aim at the messenger rather then what is said.

My stock reply is:

“Thank you for your learned and detailed contribution to this post.

We have all intellectually grown from your poignantly elucidated debate points.
    The last stance of the losing debater is to personally attack his opponent rather than his arguments.”

ad ho•mi•nem adj ad-ˈhä-mə-ˌnem

1 : appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect

2 : marked by or being an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adhomine.html

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 32,593 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    It’s good to be king—or at least the man who has to deny being one.

In an interview with the leading Hispanic network Univision, President Barack Obama stated, “I think it’s important to remind everybody that, what I’ve said previously, I am not a king, I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law, and that is what we’ve done.”

Just last week, a federal court ruled that Obama unconstitutionally made recess appointments to the National Labor Relations Board and bypassed the Senate.

The Obama administration has also refused to enforce laws requiring the deportation 800,000 illegal aliens and stopped defending the Defense of Marriage Act while it remains federal law.

The Obama White House forced Chrysler’s secured creditors to take 30 cents on the dollar, even though they were entitled to “absolute priority,” while labor unions who were junior creditors received a larger return, violating bankruptcy law and the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses.

The President’s administration fired Inspector General Gerald Walpin without 30 days’ notice, violating the Inspector General Reform Act of 2008, which Obama himself co-sponsored while still a Senator.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/30/Obama-I-m-Not-A-King

1) the recess appointments were wrong. Many Presidents try to expand the executive powers. Obama got called on this one.

2) Every President since Reagan has ignored the illegal immigrants. We need them and politicians know this and will always pretend to care and do nothing.

3) The Chrysler deal was a little more complicated than you one paragraph synopsis.

4) The only section that the Administration won't defend is the section the federal appeals courts rules unconstitutional.

5) They did not fire Walpin without the 30 day notice. He was asked to resign or be fired. He refused to resign and Obama notified congress and gave Walpin his 30 day notice.

That is the problem with your source, only half the facts.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    Text: "I am not a king, I am head of the executive branch of government. I am required to follow the law....."

To which he truthfully should have added, "However, my entire life is made up of lies, half-truths, deciet, smoke and mirrors, secrets and more that The American People will NEVER know about me, but if you had to summarize me in one concise word it most definetely would be.... LIAR".