Sailfish 1/31/13 Boynton 1/2 day

Was STOKED to get a referral from Team Tuppens (Thank you Steve)
Had Jay R and gang out of Boynton for a 1/2 day.
Have some "heavy hitters" coming in next week and we decided to practice for a 1/2 day before they show.:angel (good idea) lol

Lines in at 7:30 and I was explaining how to keep kite floats above water and bridling technique.
7:32 on the dot we have a double of sails come up! Get tight and chase em down for clean release(s).
The guys appeared to be impressed, and I said something like "wanna catch more fish, roll with money" :angel :grin.

Unfortunately right after that flurry, rain came on and wind shifted HARD to the W/NW at about 20+.
I thought it would "turn them on" but not so much.:stinkfish
Missed 2 bites on flat, and caught Grouper, Snapper, Triggers and so on.
VERY grateful to have work and Little Bob was bummed there was not enough fillets to share so he had corn on the cob. :wink
Have a good one and thank you Team Tuppens!!
(Ps there is some video coming, but battery died)...
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    Nicely done as usual E$.

Sent from my Droid tablet
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    PaulBoat wrote: »
    Nicely done as usual E$.

Sent from my Droid tablet

Thx for suggestion, we found em right where you said. Paulboat and Team CheckedOut Rock, and appreciate local intel! :hail:angel

PS: my wife asked me to play a fairly appropriate & amusing single!
    Remember our rule is BE SAFE, HAVE FUN, Catch FISH
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    Way to put them on the bite E$
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Great pics! Do you always chase the sails down to land them, or do you do it just to save time? I'm asking bc i've never landed one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    nice job e$, thought the bite would have been on fire today too!
    Great pics! Do you always chase the sails down to land them, or do you do it just to save time? I'm asking bc i've never landed one.

Flatsfisher, I hear you. This winter has been STRANGE and I keep scratching my head??

Great question Long! IMHO if you want large #'s of releases, it's best to let anglers fight sails from dead boat so you can try for multiples when a pod comes up on kite baits. IE Let angler bite the bullet as sail runs off 100 yards or more and try for double, triple, quads!

However, In my case, most (many)of my anglers are newbies on their first fishes. In this case I like to chase em down to try to maximize the "fun factor", and limit the "heavy lifting" and trauma on the fish. IE I get a lot of folks who want to pull sails out of water for pics. I suggest the best pic is a live one IN the water, and politely decline! PS Love to have you aboard one day for "forum" or buddy trip.Peace
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    Nicely Done E$ VERY consistent lately!!!!!!:applause
    e-money wrote: »
    Flatsfisher, I hear you. This winter has been STRANGE and I keep scratching my head??

Great question Long! IMHO if you want large #'s of releases, it's best to let anglers fight sails from dead boat so you can try for multiples when a pod comes up on kite baits. IE Let angler bite the bullet as sail runs off 100 yards or more and try for double, triple, quads!

However, In my case, most (many)of my anglers are newbies on their first fishes. In this case I like to chase em down to try to maximize the "fun factor", and limit the "heavy lifting" and trauma on the fish. IE I get a lot of folks who want to pull sails out of water for pics. I suggest the best pic is a live one IN the water, and politely decline! PS Love to have you aboard one day for "forum" or buddy trip.Peace

Hey Long we may have to take Eric up on one of his trips to finally get you your first sail:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Team TuppensTeam Tuppens Posts: 509 Officer
    Nice Job E$ It has been a strange bite! Not a lot of action lately, You found a couple, Great Job!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    e-money wrote: »

If you don't let me take my first out of the water, then I'm jumping in with it!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    The pic of that sail is excellent......... You NEED a GoPro man... :)
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Oh, Little Bob, you're looking better than excellent my man....
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Good job putting them on some fish
    LastMango wrote: »
    The pic of that sail is excellent......... You NEED a GoPro man... :)
    That is soo true. I also need 2 more arms as the 1 arm paper hanger barely has time for still shots!
    Appreciatre positive feed-back and yeah Little Bob is doing great on his new diet!
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Repeat customers... That is what you caught Eric... Repeat customers... Awesome job putting them on the bite :beer
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Dream RealityDream Reality Posts: 893 Officer
    Nice!! Consistent is the key word on this thread. Good job Eric!!!!!
  • Lori Jo FishingLori Jo Fishing Posts: 666 Officer
    Nice job. Great pic of the sail.