Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Engine Security - How to lock it down

I just bought a G3 jon boat with a 30 Yamaha motor. The motor is mounted to a CMC PT35 power trim and tilt system. The issue is the motor is not bolted to the CMC, rather clamped down. Is there a way to lock down this motor since I will be storing at an outdoor storage unit?

I am in a new storage lot in west pembroke pines, but at my previous storage lot on Hiatus and Pembroke Road, my lower units and outriggers were stolen prevously.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    I know guys that steal whole gun safes and guys that have had big gun safes stolen. I know guy that stole a crain to steal yams 250s off the back of a boat.....

Try to make the motor look like crap?

Site securtiy is the only answer...It aint much harder stealing that that an ipone.
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    if it's easy for you to remove & store imagine how easy it would be to steal. I say take it with to be sure it doesn't walk.
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,842 Captain
    The pines lot has been having theft problems just like
    all other lots.Got some inside info they had police
    in a rv in the lot trying to catch the thiefs.My friend
    had his lower unit and batteries stolen.I would keep
    the motor at your house if possible.
  • rodzrodz Posts: 668 Officer
    If the motor is easily disconnected then take it home with you otherwise someone else will take it home with them, unfortunately. Another deterrent is maybe remove all Yamaha badging and paint the motor red. Thieves love Yamaha.