Home Politics

This is what's wrong with America

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    What's your point? You provide no editorial comment so we don't know your position.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    The thread title was my opinion.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer
    Do you even have a clue as to how much MORE debt that would put us in?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
    capt bill wrote: »
    Do you even have a clue as to how much MORE debt that would put us in?

Only if we didn't change anything else. Costs as much to keep a person in prison for a year than it does to send a super bright poor kid to Harvard for a year. Half those prison cells we are paying for are filled with drug crimes. Good start would be some wholesale drug legalization and empty out those prisons.

Then of course we can quite being the worlds free (to them) policeman. Our military budget is bigger than all the other industrial nation's military budgets COMBINED. Close 90% of the military bases outside the USA.

Unless we wake up and start investing in our childrens educations, regardless of whether their parents can afford it, we are doomed to go downhill fast. The ONLY reason I can think of as to why we do this is that the 1%ers who own the politicians want a society of struggling serfs who are grateful to labor for minimum wage at Mall-Wart, the alternatives being the military or prison.
    Chubasco.jpg
    chubasco wrote: »

Chubs, do you have a college education? If so in what area(s)?

You are only 1/2 correct, as usual, if your subject line is your thinking. It is the male, white population trying to get educated that get stuck with the bill and is reverse discriminated against.

If you are a part of any minority sector there are so many doors open and so much free money available it is stupid - it is possible to basically get a free education now.

In fact, so much that people who would not otherwise qualify are taking seats from more intelligent and qualified candidates.

It is time to end equal opportunity laws because they do nothing but reverse discriminate.

Now with that said, college costs too much. I have three in college and it hurts every time I open the check book.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Apples to oranges. Why do libs compare the US to small European countries that are the size of our bigger states and who for the most part have a homogeneous population with an established culture. The US is too big and ungainly to be managed like a european state. That's why states rights are important.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    Chubs, do you have a college education? If so in what area(s)?

You are only 1/2 correct, as usual, if your subject line is your thinking. It is the male, white population trying to get educated that get stuck with the bill and is reverse discriminated against.

If you are a part of any minority sector there are so many doors open and so much free money available it is stupid - it is possible to basically get a free education now.

In fact, so much that people who would not otherwise qualify are taking seats from more intelligent and qualified candidates.

It is time to end equal opportunity laws because they do nothing but reverse discriminate.

Now with that said, college costs too much. I have three in college and it hurts every time I open the check book.

I have a BS and a JD. I paid 50k per year for each of my 3 children’s higher education and one year I did that for two of them at the same time. I also paid about 20k per child so they could attend good prep schools before they went to college. I did not qualify for any tax deductions for this. My kids were just lucky enough to be born into my family.

As for your minority issue, I have no problem with the scholarship system. Only a very small percentage of these minorities can avail themselves of the scholarships because their schooling before college was so substandard they have a hard time competing even with the needed boosts. Again, tax money going where it shouldn't is the root of the problem here.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • FinfinderFinfinder Posts: 9,999 Admiral
    I have a BS and a JD. I paid 50k per year for each of my 3 children’s higher education and one year I did that for two of them at the same time. I also paid about 20k per child so they could attend good prep schools before they went to college. I did not qualify for any tax deductions for this. My kids were just lucky enough to be born into my family.

As for your minority issue, I have no problem with the scholarship system. Only a very small percentage of these minorities can avail themselves of the scholarships because their schooling before college was so substandard they have a hard time competing even with the needed boosts. Again, tax money going where it shouldn't is the root of the problem here.

exactly a mega Rich hypocritical liberal you probably do business with Romney
    Finfinder wrote: »
    exactly a mega Rich hypocritical liberal you probably do business with Romney

Maybe that's why I contributed to Obama's election and re-election. Maybe I knew a lot more about Romney than you did.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Only a very small percentage of these minorities can avail themselves of the scholarships because their schooling before college was so substandard they have a hard time competing even with the needed boosts.

Whose fault is that? Just like guns, you will blame the schools? It's society sickness, savages breeding savages, all colors and creeds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer
    Only if we didn't change anything else. Costs as much to keep a person in prison for a year than it does to send a super bright poor kid to Harvard for a year. Half those prison cells we are paying for are filled with drug crimes. Good start would be some wholesale drug legalization and empty out those prisons.

Then of course we can quite being the worlds free (to them) policeman. Our military budget is bigger than all the other industrial nation's military budgets COMBINED. Close 90% of the military bases outside the USA.

Unless we wake up and start investing in our childrens educations, regardless of whether their parents can afford it, we are doomed to go downhill fast. The ONLY reason I can think of as to why we do this is that the 1%ers who own the politicians want a society of struggling serfs who are grateful to labor for minimum wage at Mall-Wart, the alternatives being the military or prison.
    Preaching to the choir on that one...costs half a million to keep a single guy in prison for 20 years. I wouldnt take it to the extreme and close prison bases outside the US just they dont need to be fully operational to keep costs low. I also think the military budget is fine just cut out foreign aid. There are other programs here to be cut that serve no purpose.

We have some of the world's finest universities here. I think if we start excluding foreigners from attending them it can help push more of our own kids into better levels of education. No doubt education is key but providing free education, housing, books, etc is a bit out of hand spending there. Our society has a lot of kids that dont want higher education and you would be astonished at how good these kids are at abusing the financial aid system just to get a few grand for free. First and foremost we need to re-evaluate the current system, we can have kids sucking 5 years off government aid when they arent even getting their AA from a community college. So we need to establish guidelines to make sure our investments in the kids are with the RIGHT group of people who actually want to get a degree and a decent job.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
    navigator2 wrote: »
    Whose fault is that? Just like guns, you will blame the schools? It's society sickness, savages breeding savages, all colors and creeds.

I think those savages are the 1%ers who keep buying politicians so that our limited tax stream is primarily invested in the industrial/military complex and our failed prohibition policy rather than education that could break the cycle of crime and poverty.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG

Move to those countries if you want what they have. We arent designed that way.
  • chubasco wrote: »

Go run for office, or shut up!

Seriously you spend all day here spouting out opinions that you find on the internet, with very little of "you" in your posts.
    So what have you done to change things? Is this you gift to America, your internet posts? Do you do anything to change anything? Do you volunteer, go to city government meetings?

Or do you just sit your butt on the computer and taunt people?

Seriously, and this post may be for a lot more of you guys.

how many of you do anything to change anything that you complain about? What volunteer work do you do? Any advisory or any other meetings? Any community service? Did you pay for your kids college, or put them into debt?

Anything???? You certainly enjoy your right to free speech (or free post)! Heck you don't even contribute to anything else on this forum except a jump every now and then to OT.

Ever post a fishing or hunting report? I ask that because you said you had a shotgun? Every comment on the politics of fishery management?

Chubs, you are like a couple of other useless posters on here that only dive into the politics section.

Heck dude, the election is over. Or are you just a grumpy old man that likes to ***** about everything? (but not affect changing anything).

I go to my local government meetings, I ran for office, I serve on two fishery advisory panels, I try to affect change in local government where we can have the most affect.

What do you do Chubs?

And you are going to tell me whats wrong with America.

Chubs, YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA! YES, YOU!!!!!!
    Move to those countries if you want what they have. We arent designed that way.

Why would I move, I'm American and have been able to acheive things here that I don't think could have happened anywhere else. That being said, nothing wrong with trying to make the country you love better is there?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • Ol MuckyOl Mucky Posts: 5,540 Admiral
    I think those savages are the 1%ers who keep buying politicians so that our limited tax stream is primarily invested in the industrial/military complex and our failed prohibition policy rather than education that could break the cycle of crime and poverty.

the 1%'ers ain't all Republican my friend
    I have a much bigger and more powerful button
    Go run for office, or shut up!

Seriously you spend all day here spouting out opinions that you find on the internet, with very little of "you" in your posts.
    So what have you done to change things? Is this you gift to America, your internet posts? Do you do anything to change anything? Do you volunteer, go to city government meetings?

Or do you just sit your butt on the computer and taunt people?

Seriously, and this post may be for a lot more of you guys.

how many of you do anything to change anything that you complain about? What volunteer work do you do? Any advisory or any other meetings? Any community service? Did you pay for your kids college, or put them into debt?

Anything???? You certainly enjoy your right to free speech (or free post)! Heck you don't even contribute to anything else on this forum except a jump every now and then to OT.

Ever post a fishing or hunting report? I ask that because you said you had a shotgun? Every comment on the politics of fishery management?

Chubs, you are like a couple of other useless posters on here that only dive into the politics section.

Heck dude, the election is over. Or are you just a grumpy old man that likes to ***** about everything? (but not affect changing anything).

I go to my local government meetings, I ran for office, I serve on two fishery advisory panels, I try to affect change in local government where we can have the most affect.

What do you do Chubs?

And you are going to tell me whats wrong with America.

Chubs, YOU ARE WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICA! YES, YOU!!!!!!

We all do what we think is right in our own way. I do financially contribute to many causes that I believe help the USA. This way I can use my time to earn that money (which I am good at) and then send some to others working for the changes I believe in, those others being far more effective than I would be doing what they are good at.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Ol Mucky wrote: »
    the 1%'ers ain't all Republican my friend

Where did I ever post that they were. As a 2%er I aspire to be one of them; it's the American dream. And of course, there are many 1%ers that are the exception to the rule.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Why would I move, I'm American and have been able to acheive things here that I don't think could have happened anywhere else. That being said, nothing wrong with trying to make the country you love better is there?

Why do you think it acceptable to steal from one to give to another?
    Why do you think it acceptable to steal from one to give to another?

I the lawmakers cut the defense budget and move the funds to education how would this be "stealing"????????
    Chubasco.jpg
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral
    Ok Chubby...

This is a funny post to me. My entire immediate family lives in a "Nordic" country. What would you like to know about socialized medicine and education in Finland?
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer

Limited tax stream...$2.7 Trillion is limited.....and of course all that 20% of spending going to Military spending.......

One reason we spend so much more than many other super powers is that our Military Industrial complex is not nationalized, so we feel the full impact of being armed.....

Now onto the matter at hand...
    This would be a fine plan....if it was directed at only the Americans of Saxon desent....

Problem is....we are not a one size fits all country...and like it or not...some kids are just not cut out for college....
    To believe so is to ignore the diversity that is America and I though diversity was a liberal attribute.
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
    I the lawmakers cut the defense budget and move the funds to education how would this be "stealing"????????

Where did that money come from in the first place?

Please refer to my thread yesterday about R.P. the younger returning the excess tax revenue back to the tax payer. Read and learn.

Oh, and how liberal of you to want to just keep it and spend it someplace else like it is yours.
    Please refer to my thread yesterday about R.P. the younger returning the excess tax revenue back to the tax payer. Read and learn.

Oh, and how liberal of you to want to just keep it and spend it someplace else like it is yours.

Yep, I'm such a scum thinking that it might help American if we spent more on education and less on the military. What was I thinking? Maybe that the country will benifit as a whole.
    Chubasco.jpg

Also, not very original to RP. I remember back to the 2000 election. Faced with a surplus left by Clinton, Bush campaigned on the promise to give it back to the people as a tax break. Gore argued that the funds should be used to pay down the deficit. Of course Bush won since we all know those repubs are just "takers". Bush got his first tax cut, started two wars on borrowed Chinese money, doubling the deficit then, to fix the problem he instituted another tax cut. The USA sure came out ahead on that one.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Bu, bu, bu, bu, bu, but Bush............

Also, not very original to RP. I remember back to the 2000 election. Faced with a surplus left by Clinton, Bush campaigned on the promise to give it back to the people as a tax break. Gore argued that the funds should be used to pay down the deficit. Of course Bush won since we all know those repubs are just "takers". Bush got his first tax cut, started two wars on borrowed Chinese money, doubling the deficit then, to fix the problem he instituted another tax cut. The USA sure came out ahead on that one.
    Bu, bu, bu, bu, bu, but Bush............

Good move, attack me when your argument got you owned.
    Chubasco.jpg
    Ya, that's it Chubbie. "Owned," ya, that's it.

What does this weird phrase even mean: "not very original to RP?"

Must be some sort of Chubbie gibberish.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Admiral
    m4rTd1C_zps7bd524c2.jpg

Social inequality is necessary for a class system in which hard work is rewarded and laziness is not.

I can tell this is drawn by a collectivist.

Also, private sector schools don't 'prey' on anyone nor do they force someone to enroll and give them money.