Home Politics

I really don't like Walmart infringing on MY 2nd amendment rights

phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
What can I say, I'm a lousy shot. I need to purchase 5 boxes of ammo every day to properly defend myself. But Walmart is infringing on my 2nd amendment rights by limiting me to only 3 boxes per day. I'm gonna protest. who's with me?

Walmart sets limits on ammunition sales after demand surges

(Reuters) - Walmart has started to limit sales of ammunition to three boxes per customer per day due to limited supplies, a spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

Sales of guns and ammunition have risen across the United States since the December 14 shooting at a Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

Walmart U.S., is the largest unit of Wal-Mart Stores Inc the world's largest retailer and the largest U.S. gun seller. The Bentonville, Arkansas-based retailer had said that it works to strike the right balance between serving hunters and sportsmen and ensuring that it sells firearms responsibly.

"In order to take care of as many customers as possible, starting Thursday, January 24, all ammunition sales were limited to three boxes per customer, per day as supply is limited at this time," spokeswoman Ashley Hardie told Reuters on Wednesday.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/30/us-usa-guns-walmart-ammunition-idUSBRE90T1ES20130130

I don't care about other customers. I only care about myself and my God given right to protect myself as guaranteed by the 2nd amendment to the constitution of these United States of America. Oorah!!

Replies

• capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer
    Walmart always has had limits on how much you can buy per day.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
  • JF1shJF1sh Posts: 452 Officer
    capt bill wrote: »
    Walmart always has had limits on how much you can buy per day.

False. I watched someone buy over 10 boxes of various calibers last week. Right when they were stocking them on the shelf. Walmart put up the 3 limit last Friday when I was in there, it's a good idea. I am finally able to find a box or two of ammo to hit up the range and not pay double.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    :fishing trolling early today
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Even the progressives are hoarding ammo these days :USA
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    cpr wrote: »
    :fishing trolling early today

the early bird gets the worm... :)
  • kayakjoekayakjoe Posts: 812 Officer
    i realize this is a troll but walmart has no obligation to help you meet your 2nd amendment rights. you have a right to a gun but no one is obligated to buy one for you

joe
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

search?q=ron+paul&view=detail&id=84496DDE8E08910A94413612B2779B745F2B8E58&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR
  • Whats the big deal? The NRA magazine is full of adds for mail order ammo.
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,447 Admiral
    Whats the big deal? The NRA magazine is full of adds for mail order ammo.

Yeah, with a post-ban delivery date.
    False. I watched someone buy over 10 boxes of various calibers last week. Right when they were stocking them on the shelf. Walmart put up the 3 limit last Friday when I was in there, it's a good idea. I am finally able to find a box or two of ammo to hit up the range and not pay double.

Not false in the gainesville walmart...They never would let me buy more than 5 boxes or 250 rounds whichever was greater

Heck even the local indoor range is limiting everyone to 2 boxes or 100 rounds if that is any implication to the ammo shortage we face for the next year...glocks are on a 12 month backorder

If people were smart they would have heeded older, wiser shooters' warnings and stocked up before this mess...now mom and pop shops and ranges are having to ration ammo supplies just to keep the range operational

Delray shooting center made over $1 million in sales in the month after sandy hook...people need to learn the term "preparation"
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    capt bill wrote: »
    Not false in the gainesville walmart...They never would let me buy more than 5 boxes or 250 rounds whichever was greater

Heck even the local indoor range is limiting everyone to 2 boxes or 100 rounds if that is any implication to the ammo shortage we face for the next year...glocks are on a 12 month backorder

and you're not protesting because..... ? oooh, oooh, I know, you're a better shot than me. You don't need as many rounds to protect yourself as I do.
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    and you're not protesting because..... ? oooh, oooh, I know, you're a better shot than me. You don't need as many rounds to protect yourself as I do.

LOL I reload, I dont need to buy ammo and reloading supplies are in good stock at the moment since we buy everything in bulk
    And why would I protest? Ammo is running short and the manufacturers cant keep up with demand. These ranges need to limit ammo sales to prevent going bankrupt, I had a little chat with the guy at Beckwith's and he explained it to me...no I wont protest it because its an issue of supply and demand, not 2A rights
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,511 AG
    Wally just wants to keep some supplies on hand so that the average schmuck who shops there won't get mad and not come back again. I hate those places but there are just some things it makes sense to get there, especially if you had to run all over town to get the specific items you need at different stores. Hard to beat the prices on electronics and sodas and they are just commodities anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,592 AG
    I say it is time to start manufacturing Ammo...

Wally World should just raise the prices to control sales.
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,813 AG
    2A says right to bear arms, don't say **** about ammo. :)
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.