Home Politics

Obama's skeet shooting "all the time"? Another LIE

Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
It's getting pretty hilarious how some of you low-informed Obama Voters believe every word out of your Master's mouth. As the guy yelled out during an early State of the Union Address, "You LIE". And that pretty well sums up his entire life.........

Obama goes 'skeet shooting all the time'? Hardly ever, sources say

By Jana Winter
Published January 30, 2013
FoxNews.com

News of President Obama's apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president's "awkward" attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

"The only time he shot skeet was for President's Cup," said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. "I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn't leave fast enough."

Skeet shooting "is very hard," said the source. "Especially for someone not used to guns ... He couldn't have been more uncomfortable."

The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David -- very early on in his first term.

The White House did not immediately respond to FoxNews.com's request for comment.

Obama professed his sweetness for skeet shooting during an interview posted online Sunday with The New Republic, when asked if he had ever fired a gun.

"Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," Obama said. "Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake."

His comments were met with surprise by many, including skeptical lawmakers who challenged the president to a skeet shooting match. The press, too, tried to squeeze more details out of White House spokesman Jay Carney.

"I'm not sure how often he's done that," said Carney, who said no photos of the president skeet shooting had been released "because when he goes to Camp David, he goes to spend time with his family and friends and relax, not to produce photographs."

"There may be (a photo)," he said, "but I haven't seen it."

i-know-44473410025.png

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/30/obama-keet-shooting-all-time-hardly-sources-say/#ixzz2JYkD88Qf

Replies

• Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,752 AG
    The trollfest started without you.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    At least Obama has not personally shot anyone with a firearm....yet.

99356086_24899fc4c1.jpg

Or would ordering drone strikes that end up killing scores of innocent children count?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/12/the-guilty-conscience-of-a-drone-pilot-who-killed-a-child/266453/

"....The Bureau of Investigative Journalism reported last August that in Pakistan's tribal areas alone, there are at least 168 credible reports of children being killed in drone strikes...."
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    If my family or friends swam in the pool often, whilst I sipped a cool one in a lounge chair by the pool, and someone asked how often we use the pool, I could say "we swim all the time".
  • Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    If my family or friends swam in the pool often, whilst I sipped a cool one in a lounge chair by the pool, and someone asked how often we use the pool, I could say "we swim all the time".

I think that you are smart enough to know when Obama has lied again....... like now. But nice attempt though.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG

No you could not. "We" is inclusive of the speak or writer. That would be a lie under your example. Thanks for trying to cover for BHO, though.
    Gary M wrote: »
    I think that you are smart enough to know when Obama has lied again....... like now. But nice attempt though.

It's a politician's "artistic" license to exaggerate. They ALL do it, there are NO exceptions. What possible motive could you have to single out Obama for doing it?
    No you could not. "We" is inclusive of the speak or writer. That would be a lie under your example. Thanks for trying to cover for BHO, though.

You haven't been in the corporate world too much have you? Many times I've heard a corporate VP, even a CEO, say to a visitor "we designed this or that".... he didn't design anything.

My analogy stands.
  • chubascochubasco Posts: 18,390 Officer
    Fox reporting on what their "secret sources" says is no better than the National Enquirer reporting when their secret sources said Bush was hitting the bottle again.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/bushs-booze-crisis

But then, the National Enquirer is far more reputable than Fox.
    Chubasco.jpg
    You haven't been in the corporate world too much have you? Many times I've heard a corporate VP, even a CEO, say to a visitor "we designed this or that".... he didn't design anything.

My analogy stands.

:funnypost and wrong. Just because you "heard" a VP or CEO say it doesn't make it correct or right.

I have been in the private sector world my entire and at a higher level that you, probably. When I ran two companies, the words I used were yes, "the people of the company" or the company's employees did a great job, for example. Your statement above is totally based on ego. Not a good way to be and it doesn't garner respect of your employees.

Your analogy may stand but only in your own mind.
  • stsimonsstsimons Posts: 7,292 Admiral

Phil has never met a liberal position he could not fully justify.
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Gary M wrote: »
    It's getting pretty hilarious how some of you low-informed Obama Voters believe every word out of your Master's mouth. As the guy yelled out during an early State of the Union Address, "You LIE". And that pretty well sums up his entire life.........

Obama goes 'skeet shooting all the time'? Hardly ever, sources say

By Jana Winter
    Published January 30, 2013
    FoxNews.com

News of President Obama's apparently long-secret fondness for skeet shooting came as a surprise to those who say they have witnessed the president's "awkward" attempts at pinging the (clay) pigeons.

This has only happened with the president at Camp David, at most, a couple of times, according to a source who says he has been to the retreat on a half-dozen visits with Obama.

"The only time he shot skeet was for President's Cup," said the source, referring to a shooting competition tradition involving the presidential Marine guards. "I was there. He stayed for about five minutes, and couldn't leave fast enough."

Skeet shooting "is very hard," said the source. "Especially for someone not used to guns ... He couldn't have been more uncomfortable."

The source said a friend of his recalled Obama skeet shooting one other time at Camp David -- very early on in his first term.

The White House did not immediately respond to FoxNews.com's request for comment.

Obama professed his sweetness for skeet shooting during an interview posted online Sunday with The New Republic, when asked if he had ever fired a gun.

"Yes, in fact, up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time," Obama said. "Not the girls, but oftentimes guests of mine go up there. And I have a profound respect for the traditions of hunting that trace back in this country for generations. And I think those who dismiss that out of hand make a big mistake."

His comments were met with surprise by many, including skeptical lawmakers who challenged the president to a skeet shooting match. The press, too, tried to squeeze more details out of White House spokesman Jay Carney.

"I'm not sure how often he's done that," said Carney, who said no photos of the president skeet shooting had been released "because when he goes to Camp David, he goes to spend time with his family and friends and relax, not to produce photographs."

"There may be (a photo)," he said, "but I haven't seen it."

i-know-44473410025.png

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/30/obama-keet-shooting-all-time-hardly-sources-say/#ixzz2JYkD88Qf

So a nameless source who has been to camp David 6 times saw Obama shooting once is the best Fox can get for information?

> WOW <
    Ya, not a great source, but interestingly, you don't see the liberal so-called MSM coming to BHO's rescue on this one.

Also, and by the way, one witness is more than the libs have been able to find.
    Ya, not a great source, but interestingly, you don't see the liberal so-called MSM coming to BHO's rescue on this one.

chubasco wrote: »
    Fox reporting on what their "secret sources" says is no better than the National Enquirer reporting when their secret sources said Bush was hitting the bottle again.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/bushs-booze-crisis

But then, the National Enquirer is far more reputable than Fox.

Water the National Enquirer's story was never disputed. Must be true huh?
    Chubasco.jpg
  • The "corporate 'we'" is an accepted usage. What he would have been trying to indicate beyond saying he is exposed to sport shooting is anyone's guess.

Is this a lie? I don't care. And if this is important as another example of not being born , Mussulman or a reptilian alien (he is) why ? It won't like there is a do over clause in election law.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    Gary, did you see my **** retort? I was kinda proud of it.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    Water the National Enquirer's story was never disputed. Must be true huh?

Some things don't warrant being disputed because that may dignify the individual making a ludicrous claim. Much the same as if someone were to claim you make intellegent well reasoned posts. Simply too ludicrous to dispute so it is ignored.
    Deo Vindice
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Some things don't warrant being disputed because that may dignify the individual making a ludicrous claim. Much the same as if someone were to claim you make intellegent well reasoned posts. Simply too ludicrous to dispute so it is ignored.

I do think the repubs did dispute the Globe's story about the Bush/Condi affair. So much for that theory. National Enquirer, the Globe, Fox....all about the same.
    Chubasco.jpg
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    I do think the repubs did dispute the Globe's story about the Bush/Condi affair. So much for that theory. National Enquirer, the Globe, Fox....all about the same.

You specifically stated that since the Enquirer's claim wasn't disputed now that you have been challenged you add the Globe and Fox. A bit dishonest aren't you? It would have been better to simply admit defeat rather than change your assertion.
    Deo Vindice
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer

Actually don't think they have to. Fox sez they have a guy who knows that 1 out of every 6 times Obama goes to C.D. he's shooting and they have a friend of his backing it up. What more could the lib press ask for than Fox and GaryM reporting on Obama's confirmed gun use....
    stsimons wrote: »
    Phil has never met a liberal position he could not fully justify.

To whom? I don't have to justify anything to you or anyone else. You're so focused on the 2nd amendment you have forgotten the one before it.