WARNING: BOAT Thievs in PALM CITY!

I know this is not a fishing posts, but you must read!!

I just visited my beloved 24ft bay boat w/ Tower after a complete rehab in Palm City at a local SECURED storage facility.
I haven't been for 2 wks due to some minor surgery, and was shocked to find out some thieves stole both my helms, BRAND NEW, and
rummaged thru all hatches and ripped my boat covers all over and left Hydraulic fluid everywhere! I decided to see if I had a motor
and they luckily bypassed my older 2 stroke unit.

Looked around the lot and noticed ANY boat with a 4 stroke did not have a lower unit. Any hard fixed high end electronics were basically
sawed out of the center consoles. A total of 7 boats hit, about $20K in theft. They cut the fence open from a backside business and
unloaded everything they could. The MArtin County Sheriff told me that thieves are seriously on the move in Martin County!!!

I only lost 2 helms and a steering wheel, its the labor that is going to kill me!! If your boat is in a storage lot, ask questions about their security,
perimeter fencing, and security cameras.

We are not in Kansas anymore!

I hope I can help any members avoid this experience!

Buckle up!!

Replies

• flatsfisherflatsfisher Posts: 1,381 Officer
    sorry to hear that, hope they catch the low lives
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 630 Officer
    :machinegun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
  • Captain DaveCaptain Dave Posts: 3,388 Captain
    Sorry to hear that. I'm thankful to be stored indoors in a locked facility after hearing this.
    72262-albums10528-picture94957.jpg

Your Southeast Florida Real Estate Resource !
    www.HomesOfTreasureCoast.com

Search for homes on any mobile device with my FREE MLS SEARCH App !
    http://app.kw.com/KW2GYNJDM
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,299 Captain
    Sorry man.
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Sucks, but thanks for letting us know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • on deckon deck Posts: 651 Officer
    A couple of months ago, in Ft Lauderdale, I went to my boat at a well known storage facility west of 95 and Oakland Park blvd. I noticed a fuel smell and, upon further inspection, found out that my battery wires, and my fuel and hydraulic lines, were cut. Two of the four bolts holding my engine were also loosened to the point of falling off. It is my belief that one more night and my 2001 250 two strokin' Yammie would have gone poof. That day I moved the boat to my buddies house (Thank God for good friends). F'in thieves...At least they were too dumb to realize that the electronics in the console are worth nearly as much as the engine. Sorry to hear you got hit. I am glad I didn't catch them in the act because I would have spent a couple of months away from my family for sure....
  • wahoo2wahoo2 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Rginn1111 wrote: »
    I know this is not a fishing posts, but you must read!!

I just visited my beloved 24ft bay boat w/ Tower after a complete rehab in Palm City at a local SECURED storage facility.
    I haven't been for 2 wks due to some minor surgery, and was shocked to find out some thieves stole both my helms, BRAND NEW, and
    rummaged thru all hatches and ripped my boat covers all over and left Hydraulic fluid everywhere! I decided to see if I had a motor
    and they luckily bypassed my older 2 stroke unit.

Looked around the lot and noticed ANY boat with a 4 stroke did not have a lower unit. Any hard fixed high end electronics were basically
    sawed out of the center consoles. A total of 7 boats hit, about $20K in theft. They cut the fence open from a backside business and
    unloaded everything they could. The MArtin County Sheriff told me that thieves are seriously on the move in Martin County!!!

I only lost 2 helms and a steering wheel, its the labor that is going to kill me!! If your boat is in a storage lot, ask questions about their security,
    perimeter fencing, and security cameras.

We are not in Kansas anymore!

I hope I can help any members avoid this experience!

Buckle up!!

what storage yard was it
  • BearmaticBearmatic Posts: 576 Officer
    There are crews that come out of the Miami area with the battery tools about this time every year. If you check other agencies they will tell you they have lost lower units and total outdrive. They hit anywhere there are boats Dealer, marinas, and residence.
  • bababouybababouy Posts: 558 Officer
    Sorry for your loss and thanks for the heads up. Its been quiet for a few months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Night Hawk Monitoring
  • PapamanPapaman Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    I had two outboards stolen just across the river from you. The first one was a 200hp hpdi with 60 hours on it. The second was a 225 four stroke with 300 hours on it. I've finally given up and sold my boat. There is a theft ring operating in the Stuart area--and the cops are worthless in recovering the stolen property. I hope you had good insurance--I did and that helped.
  • that_guythat_guy Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    wahoo2 wrote: »
    what storage yard was it

X2 Which lot?
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Just need some pit bulls with AIDS to be on guard that may slow them down! Sorry for your loss best of luck with the insurance.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Steal my cars, but DON'T steal my boats... Good luck getting everything back in order man.... Very sorry to hear about this...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • Island JackIsland Jack Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Neighbor had his two lower units off 150 yam's get swiped a few weeks ago. Think he keeps his boat by the airport, not in PC.
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Officer
    The marine industries of the treasure coast got their boat motors stolen. Thankfully i have about 5 cameras in every which direction on my boat, street, and house which is viewable on my phone and all computers but usually my lawyers Smith and Wesson and my pet dog named glock keeps those who have no business to be at my home to stay away :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wpbthwpbth Posts: 443 Officer
    Terrible news, prob a bunch of meth heads
    :fishing
  • mako7873mako7873 Posts: 87 Deckhand
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Unfortunately some of the guys from Miami now reside in PSL so you have to deal with them in your own backyards. Convicted thieves should have there thumbs and fingers removed with each charge. Let's see them try and remove a lower unit then!!!
  • frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    JUST TAKE ME FISHING AND ILL STAND GUARD WITH 12 GAUGE MOSSBERG
    :fishing
    OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13
  • footanklegfootankleg Posts: 513 Officer
    I left Miami 15 yrs ago. I guess it was just a matter of time. Sorry.
    Cobia 296 F300s J & B
    Hewes 18' RF Y130 Flatfoot
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    that_guy wrote: »
    X2 Which lot?

X3

If it was Palm City Storage.... that's exactly where one of my lower units and all my electronics were stolen a year ago.

The cut through the chain link fence and had a field day. They also hit Olympic storage next door.

The owner of Palm City Storage was more upset about her chain link fence being cut than all the damage done to boats in her storage facility. I moved the following day.

Thankfully, my boat is stored indoors as well.

Good luck.

Martin County Sheriff Office were professional and very understanding but admitted their chances were in the single digits of actually finding the thieves let alone my equipment.

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
  • captinmitchcaptinmitch Posts: 5,807 Admiral
    Electric Bleachers. Start cooking em 200 at a time. Once you make the risk absurdly in excess of the reward, you'll stop the problem.
    X3

If it was Palm City Storage.... that's exactly where one of my lower units and all my electronics were stolen a year ago.

The cut through the chain link fence and had a field day. They also hit Olympic storage next door.

I know that both of those storage facilities get a lot of traffic with the various lawn maintenance companies that keep their trucks/trailers in there. It wouldn't take much for someone to get the code for the gate.
  • Cmart104Cmart104 Posts: 226 Officer
    I lost my lower unit and electronics last year. I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!!! I'm sorry that happened
  • schmaltz~herringschmaltz~herring Posts: 206 Officer
    Unless your storage facility has armed guards you will be vulnerable. Self storage facilities are NOT secure by any means.
    On my way to work I saw a Chevy 3500 Dually truck with a trailer hauling a few boat motors, looked to be all fourstrokes of different brands, called it in and followed a short distance but guess the deputies had higher priority calls. I got the license plate numbers of truck and trailer. Might have been legit business moving motors or could have been stolen motor, never will know but if anyone wants the numbers PM me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    snook87 wrote: »
    On my way to work I saw a Chevy 3500 Dually truck with a trailer hauling a few boat motors, looked to be all fourstrokes of different brands, called it in and followed a short distance but guess the deputies had higher priority calls. I got the license plate numbers of truck and trailer. Might have been legit business moving motors or could have been stolen motor, never will know but if anyone wants the numbers PM me.

Was the truck white?

If so, it could have been the owner of the boat service shop on 34th Street off of Mapp (behind the Texaco).
    that_guy wrote: »
    Was the truck white?

If so, it could have been the owner of the boat service shop on 34th Street off of Mapp (behind the Texaco).

No it was light brown and it was headed south into palm beach county from south hobe sound going pretty fast. Had no company name, logo, or stickers. There was also a portable outboard engine hoist on the trailer too, that's what got me suspicious along with different brand outboards on the trailer too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mr300smr300s Posts: 282 Officer
    Couldn't hurt to give Law Enforcement the heads up since you have the plate #...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Custom Phone Cases, and Wounded Warrior Cases
    https://www.etsy.com/your/listings?ref=si_your_shop
    mr300s wrote: »
    Couldn't hurt to give Law Enforcement the heads up since you have the plate #...

I did, Martin county was to busy and since I was in south county the deputies are stretched thin. Palm beach county I gave up cause you get transferred to the local town dispatch and by then they traveled to another city and so on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,102 Officer
    Post the **** plates on here! What county was the plate registered to? I just got my boat stolen twin 225hp 4stroke yammers! Stripped in 6 hours! I'm looking for any sort of direction. My boat was stolen 3weeks ago out of Key Largo