Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Need help determining worth of bullets for friend

A friend contacted me about this ammo can full of bullets she had in her shed. She takes care of her mom who is elderly and her son. They are all on expensive medications with no insurance. She isn't looking to get rich off these but wants to know what the fair price for these along with the can would be in today's market. A guy offered to buy them (steal them) from her yesterday for $85. That's when she contacted me to find out what they are actually worth.
You can't see it on the picture but on the brass it says WRA 67 and has a + inside of a circle. There are 280 rounds in the box. Any help on the current value would be appreciated. I'm just looking for a value. I won't be helping her sell them so there won't be any conflict of interest on the value.

bulletsideofcan_zpsc6f0db3b.jpg

bulletsandbox_zps9a0a95f6.jpg

bulletend_zpscc4fc4b5.jpg

Replies

• tapatetapate Posts: 5,263 Admiral
    7.62 on stripper clips? Id say less than .50 a bullet would be pretty fair with the ammo box? Im just spitballing though.
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Aint no thing of great worth there.....

Im would like for the picture to be clearer to see the markings....I'll go on record here as guessing that the rounds dont match the can... Almost looks like 54mm Round?
  • RhettleyRhettley Posts: 1,545 Officer
    A google search on the WRA 67 found this-

Originally Posted by bryan83
    I acquired some 7.62x51 today marked WRA 67 then a NATO stamp. The ammo is in GREAT shape, any information on this stuff? I'm guessing it's Winchester. Thanks, Bryan
    You are correct Bryan,

You are the owner of some good Winchester Repeating Arms ammunition from 1967. I have seen and fired some from the 70's all of it was good on the rifle range
    More from google
    If it has a circle with a cross inside (looks like a crosshair in a scope) stamped on the case head this indicates that it is NATO spec ball ammo. It is made by WRA is Winchester Repeating Arms.
    Unfortunately I don't know enough about military rounds to put a value on these.
    .40 a shell would be a decent get for her. That stuff is fairly available.
    Thanks Tapate. I thought she had 7.62's but after looking and researching I'm not sure what she's got. She said the only thing on the clip is SEY. I don't know what that means. There is no print on the cardboard. She is going to Cairo Friday and will take a clip and bullets with her to the store there and see if they can tell exactly what she has. I'll report back when I find out.
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    .308 Manufactured for the M-14. I've shot a bunch of them when I was part of the Ship's Self Defense Force.
    Never a failure.

$100.00 tops
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
    dewyafish wrote: »
    .308 Manufactured for the M-14. I've shot a bunch of them when I was part of the Ship's Self Defense Force.
    Never a failure.

$100.00 tops

Boom goes the dynamite.
  • grouper sandwichgrouper sandwich Posts: 532 Officer
    See if you can find it on gun broker. Anything 223 and 308 is through the roof right now. While I don't agree with some of the stuff going on, in her situation if she can make more then she should.
    corksling-2.jpg
    dewyafish wrote: »
    Never a failure.

$100.00 tops

Yes!...but is it in the strippers. Do the gunnersmates take them out and then load into the mags? I hated the armory and only had to go on secrutiy alearts....
  • dewyafishdewyafish Posts: 5,025 Admiral
    I think the Strippers were for the M-1, but that was before my time.
    There's nothing more enjoyable than suprise morning sex...
    Unless you happen to be in jail at the time.
  • BakermanBakerman Posts: 1,222 Officer
    My first guess was 30-06 in strippers for the M-1. But I'm a pistol guy.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman.
  • The MelManThe MelMan Posts: 4,038 Captain
    Bakerman wrote: »
    My first guess was 30-06 in strippers for the M-1. But I'm a pistol guy.

The M1 Garand ammo comes in its own rectangular clip, maybe the strippers are for the bolt action...........
    2012-2013 FloridaSportsman BCS Bowl Poll Champion

Northwest Nascar Champion 2012, 2017

"2011-2012 BCS Bowl Poll Champion".
    Was I suppost to know this having the ribbons and all?

Is John Kerry going to throw them away?