Mako 18lts 2013

mclir9mclir9 Posts: 31 Deckhand
Howdy Everyone. I am eagerly awaiting my new Mako 18LTS to arrive at BPS from the factory. I ordered it with the 115 Mercury Optimax. Anyone have any insights or suggestions about this boat??

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,003 Moderator
    An intersting stage of the purchase to pose this question. ;-)

Congratulations on the new rig. I have not been through a new Mako in probably 3 or 4 years, but what you have bought should be a pretty straight forward craft. Good luck with it and post some pictures once you've got her!
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • mclir9mclir9 Posts: 31 Deckhand
    How big of seas do you think this boat can handle safely??
  • FS DanFS Dan Posts: 2,351 Moderator
    safety offshore depends alot on the operator. Its a flats boat so anything over a true 2 foot sea requires caution and discrection. Remember that offshore isnt the same as a bay chop, you have the ground swell as well as the wave height, wave period and steepness to consider. Its more than just a simple number.

CMD
    Formerly Catmandew
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,003 Moderator
    Yeah... For a boat that size you can just about throw out the weather report. I've done quite a bit if offshore fishing in small boats and while I will check weather, I don't really care what they are calling for. If wake up and it's anything other than dead still and basic weather pattern indicates that it will stay that way for most of the day, then I change my plans. Keep in mind to that on one of those mirror days ina fast little boat it's easy to suddenly find your self out a little father than you might have had in mind. That trip back may be pure hell if things breeze up on you. Even if is still safe it won't be fun, and fun it's the whole name if game.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"