Hobie Fishing Teams competing in KFC Feb 9th

hey guys,
the KFC East Division is kicking off on Feb 9th at Mosquito Lagoon. I'd like to get the Hobie Fishing Team guys who are going, or those who are not fishing this event, but are in the area, to meet up on Friday Feb 8th. There is no captains meeting for this event, so no one has to miss that, and we can meet at Dixie Cross Roads Restaurant (check-in location for the event), or another location. I'm not from Titusville, so I don't know a bar/grille/restaurant type place that might be a more favorite.

just wanting to promote the 'team spirit' for all Hobie team mates, build some relationships between us all and enjoy some fellowship. no planned agenda or meeting topic or anything like that. just a meet-and-greet, and if anyone wants to talk strategy or fishing technique with one another, then this would be a great time to do that.

this is not a 'sponsored' meeting, or mandatory or anything. but, if anyone has a connection with a location that might enjoy our business, and might toss us a bone (or bucket of chicken wings) for being at their place, let me know. i'm happy to do what leg work might be involved. this is just an impromptu opportunity that we can all enjoy and perhaps make a regular thing at other events in the future.

please send me an email if you are interested and if you might have any other input.

i'm not 'allowed' on the orlando kayak club forum because i have sponsors, so if anyone is a member of that forum, please post there if you like.

cheers.
drew

[email protected]
(850) 748-5210
Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.

Replies

• LilTucciLilTucci Posts: 189 Officer
    Quick question, how exactly do you go about becoming a member of the hobie fishing team and what does it entail?
    Check out my youtube channel, many more fishing videos to come
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liltuccii/videos

Log your trips and help the SGF with accurate stock assessments, great site
    http://angleraction.org
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    uno--mas wrote: »
    i'm not 'allowed' on the orlando kayak club forum because i have sponsors

What kind of crap is that? You sponsored guys have a wealth of knowledge & experience and have shared it with many of us in the past. Just doesn't make sense. Oh well.

Good luck to all who toss a line up there next month.
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    tucci, to answer your question, you work through your local dealer. he will recommend you to hobie. a good relationship with your dealer is the most important facet of any sponsorship or team affiliation.

john, i was 'invited' not to participate in that forum--personally, by two moderators. in a barrage of emails, i was called a spammer, and advertiser and i had no place on their forum. i had only been on that forum for about a week, and made about 4 posts--two of which were a 'new guy introduction', and subsequent reply, and the other two were certainly not related to any brand or any other 'spam'. i explained over and over i was not an advertiser, i'm not in the business and i could care less what brand people buy, but they suggested that they had been operating for 7 years and did not need my input and told me to head on over to the FS forum where guides, sponsored teams and apparently folks with common sense are welcome. well, here i am. lol. i have no animosity toward that forum, its members or even the two moderators who were quite polite, but still quite rude. but i can guarantee you that if their names are ever put in front of me as wanting support from any of the generous companies who support me, i will gladly speak the truth about both of them.

cheers.
    drew
  • pepipepi Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    Stop being a troll Drew!!::rotflmao See ya out there!
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Drew, I was booted from the Jax kayak site because they thought I was picking on a member who "over advertised" his goods in every aspect of kayak fishing and fishing accessories. :huh As I remember he sold those real short fishing poles.
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • fljerryfljerry Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    DM or Pepi...I was trying to register for the KFC and error pages keep coming up. Any help would be appreciated.
  • fljerryfljerry Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    fljerry wrote: »
    DM or Pepi...I was trying to register for the KFC and error pages keep coming up. Any help would be appreciated.

Disregard...I'm registered.
  • pepipepi Posts: 71 Greenhorn
    See you there Jerry!
  • paddlerXpaddlerX Posts: 67 Deckhand
    Whew! I thought spamming was becoming a lost art!
  • LilTucciLilTucci Posts: 189 Officer
    uno--mas wrote: »
    tucci, to answer your question, you work through your local dealer. he will recommend you to hobie. a good relationship with your dealer is the most important facet of any sponsorship or team affiliation.

Thanks for the info, Sounds like something I need to look into. Guess I better start building good rapport with my kayak dealer then
    Check out my youtube channel, many more fishing videos to come
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Liltuccii/videos

Log your trips and help the SGF with accurate stock assessments, great site
    http://angleraction.org
  • FLATS BROKEFLATS BROKE Posts: 2,060 Captain
    LOL!! OKCF is a joke. They did the same thing to me. Booted all my posts. Said I was a spammer!
  • UrbanLegendIIUrbanLegendII Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Where exactly does one register for the tournament? Better late than never.

Drew,

Hobie Rep F. Stapleton recommended I contact my local Hobie dealer in Orlando about becoming a team member, well I did back in December and submitted my application, with no response.... Called several times and went in 3 times. Won't mention the name but the first name rhymes with "Travel" and the second name rhymes with "Country".

Just wondering if anyone in the Central Florida area up to JaxVille knows of a dealership that is really supportive?

Thanks
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    the tournament this weekend is kayakfishingclassics.com the fella who runs it is capt. pat. you can get his email from the website and register. there is an additional fee for late sign up, but you can still sign up. pat is a great fellow and will work with you.

i'll track down the dealer info and send you a message. in the meantime, feel free to contact me anytime.

cheers.
    drew
  • UrbanLegendIIUrbanLegendII Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Thanks Drew.

I did find the website. But I didn't make it over to the tourney last weekend.

How was the fishing?
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,104 Officer
    I have one team member at my shop. I could have many more but I only have one guy who meets my criteria for a team member. What Im looking for is someone who is clean cut in his life and knows how to talk to people and make 100% of them his friend. I look for someone who is very active on the interenet kayak fishing threads and is suttle in promoting Hobie and my shop. It gets real old when someone keeps saying that shop x is the best. shopx knows more stuff and shopx has better stuff. Dont shop anywhere else but shopx. My team memeber "spinfisher bob" on You Tube rarely mentions the shop up front but waits till everyone asks him what shop he deals with and then answers their questions. You can see the diference.
    Bob is retired marine biologist and an excelant striper fishermen. He doesnt curse and wouldnt get trashed at a party. I have him come with me to shows and fishing flea markets to talk to people. He could talk to one person for hours about kayak fishing. Every week he is doing free hobie demos with people he meets on his own. When they get hooked he brings them to the shop with their credit card. Remember this is all about business for Hobie and for me the shop owner and dealer. So if you present yourself to a dealer in order to try to get on the team show some of bobs character and you will have a good shot.