Trolling Regs. Question

Can I troll off-shore with two lines per angler or am I restricted to one? I did some looking around in the regs. and can't find a clear answer. Thanks!

Replies

• ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,663 Captain
    You can troll as many lines as you want.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral

but only on Weds, in months w/an 'R', in the Spring, using hook-less artificial lures, etc, etc...:banghead
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • FancasterFancaster Posts: 19 Greenhorn

Just making sure. Thanks!

So can you use multiple lines for any type of fishing?
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,663 Captain
    Yes you can.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I think there are Regs re- 'unattended' equipment that can affect the # of surf rods you can fish, but that's the only similar Regs I know of
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 1,961 Captain
    Don't troll through boca grande pass in April, may or june with more than 3 lines in the water either. Another great rule the FWC implemented. In fact, if you do't want to get shot, don't troll through boca grande pass in April, May or June at alll.....
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013