Fish Taco Sauce

Anyone have any good recipes for fish taco sauce? I've tried the mayo, lime juice, & chili powder before. Lookin for some new ones. Thanks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• TheCaptainsTableTheCaptainsTable Posts: 557 Officer
    Salsa and ranch with a splash of hot sauce, or you may try some sour cream , cilantro and lime juice ( maybe yogurt in place of sour cream) As for the taco spices , it is cumin,paprika chili powder , onion powder ,garlic powder and some salt
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    I need pictures of said tacos before I can suguest sauces.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • gruntkinggruntking Posts: 797 Officer
    I've tried a few lately. One was half mayo, half yogurt and then: capers, arbol chile's, dill, coriander, cumin, oregano, lime juice. I was then chastised on here for using mayo and tried it with half yogurt, half sour cream and everybody liked the mayo better.
    I believe Panhandler had one half yogurt, half mayo and put some adobo sauce and chipotle's in it along with the other seasonings. I'm going to try that next.
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,008 Captain
    1/2 cup plain cream (Mexican sour cream), 1/2 cup mayo, 1 lime juiced, I whole jalapeño minced (clean seeds and membranes if you're a wimp), 1 teaspoon minced capers, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you have it), 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1 teaspoon grounded cayenne pepper. Mix mayo and creams, add lime juice but not so much it gets runny. Add seasonings, mix well. Refridgerate. Serve with fish a shredded cabbage, delicioso.
  • hossmosshossmoss Posts: 1,170 Officer
    I've posted this in the Kitchen quite a few times over the past 10 years. It's my recipe for:

[h=1]Fish Tacos Baja Style[/h]
    Cut your fish into bite size pieces or sticks

Make the batter - mix dry ingredients first, stir in wet till almost smooth:
    1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons cornstarch, a teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, 1 cup beer (Pacifico, Corona, Dos Equis or your favorite mild American)

Prepare the sauce - 1/2 cup plain crema ( Mexican sour cream), 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 lime (juiced), 1 whole jalapeno pepper, minced (clean seeds and membranes if you're a wimp), 1 teaspoon minced capers, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican if you have it), 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (use less if you want them milder.) Mix cream & mayo. Add lime juice but not so much it gets runny. Add seasonings, mix well. Refrigerate.

Shred a half head of cabbage (I like it shredded fine, almost like taco bell lettuce)

Now heat a pan of oil to 375

Dust fish in flour, shake off excess, then roll in batter and fry a few minutes, not too long but crispy and golden! Drain on a rack over paper.

Fry 10-12 corn tortillas for 10 - 15 seconds to heat through, don't get them crispy.

Serve tortilla, a few pieces of fish, some cabbage, and the sauce, fold and eat.

I have to serve with guacamole and salsa

Half a dozen of these and I'm done.

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: www.neflbaitco-op.com

2013 Cape Horn 31T with twin Yamaha F300s

• restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,008 Captain
    I knew I got it from one of the regulars of old just couldn't remember. If I didn't thank you when I got it I will know, it is very good and we use it a lot. Thank you Hoss!