john kerry and money

kayakjoekayakjoe Posts: 812 Officer
mitt romeny was crucified in part during his campaign as rich and out of touch. john kerry has been nominated for secretary of state yet i have not really seen any complaint about his being phenomenally wealthy and out of touch...why is that??

joe
and before i get accused of being a romney supporter i voted for johnson and/or paul the past three elections
Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

search?q=ron+paul&view=detail&id=84496DDE8E08910A94413612B2779B745F2B8E58&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

Replies

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    You're confused. The SOS is not the President. These are two different roles.

And before you ask, the President has more power.

You're welcome.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • kayakjoekayakjoe Posts: 812 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »

You're welcome.

so in other words you dont know and the hypocrisy escapes you.
    i fail to see where i confused the two offices.
    i was not comparing the power of each office
    sorry you were unable to provide a reasonable answer there hoss

joe
    Always strive to never let your irresponsibility become someone else's responsibility
    once we worry more about our obligations and responsbilities and less about our rights and privileges the better things will be

search?q=ron+paul&view=detail&id=84496DDE8E08910A94413612B2779B745F2B8E58&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    kayakjoe wrote: »
    so in other words you dont know and the hypocrisy escapes you.
    i fail to see where i confused the two offices.
    i was not comparing the power of each office
    sorry you were unable to provide a reasonable answer there hoss

joe

:rotflmao

One is elected, the other proposed and confirmed.

So one has to appeal to voters, the other to another bunch of rich white people.

Got it now?
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    mitt romeny was crucified in part during his campaign as rich and out of touch. john kerry has been nominated for secretary of state yet i have not really seen any complaint about his being phenomenally wealthy and out of touch...why is that??

joe
    and before i get accused of being a romney supporter i voted for johnson and/or paul the past three elections

At some point, it has to trickle through that head of yours, that Romney's failure wasn't because of his wealth. The media did have a field day with Romney, because he took every opportunity available to him to show the world just how out of touch he was. You can't buy charisma, apparently.
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    mitt romeny was crucified in part during his campaign as rich and out of touch.

Mittens was crucified for not sharing his tax returns. He was also crucified for how he garnered his wealth. As for being out of touch, he is simply unable to interact with anyone other than the super rich.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,685 AG

joe

I'm not sure Romney was crucified for being rich, I believe it's how he became rich that drew the most attention.
    Vote for the other candidate
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    It isn't J.K.'s $$$$. He has no $$$. The $$$ he spends is ketchup and pickle money that comes from his wife.
    It isn't J.K.'s $$$$. He has no $$$. The $$$ he spends is ketchup and pickle money that comes from his wife.

Same with John McCain, however when it comes to wives looks, McCain has the edge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    I'm not sure Romney was crucified for being rich, I believe it's how he became rich that drew the most attention.

i am not for certain but didnt kerry marry into alot of money. i dont know his history all that well

romney lost because he couldnt offer anything better than our current administration...and that takes work
    to be worse than what we have now. i dont care that he lost so much as i care that obama won..neither one
    is a viable choice to me. as far as being elected or being appointed it doesnt matter to me. both positions are very high level
    if having vast sums of money was a liability for romney than it should be for kerry

i just kind of figured romney got crucified for money because he is on the right and kerry gets a pass because he is on the left.

joe

SuperFluke wrote: »
    At some point, it has to trickle through that head of yours, that Romney's failure wasn't because of his wealth. The media did have a field day with Romney, because he took every opportunity available to him to show the world just how out of touch he was. You can't buy charisma, apparently.
    why does it have to get through my head. i am part of the reason he failed. i didnt vote for him. not because of his wealth...i just dont see him as all that different
    from any other knucklehead we have sent to washington
    joe

• CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    Menzies wrote: »

You're welcome.

Well I certainly did not hear the left talk about it during his failed POTUS run.....but then again that predates the Class warfare president doesn't it
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,894 AG
    i am not for certain but didnt kerry marry into alot of money. i dont know his history all that well

joe

Yet you start a post about Kerry.:rotflmao
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    why does it have to get through my head. i am part of the reason he failed. i didnt vote for him. not because of his wealth...i just dont see him as all that different
    from any other knucklehead we have sent to washington
    joe

You are the one making threads about it. You seem to be of the mind that Romney was vilified for his wealth while Kerry gets a pass. Kerry got much worse, when he took his shot at the big chair... in my opinion. The thing that is not getting through, is that this is never just about money. You seem kind of tone deaf in that department, I don't know why.

Also, Kerry only married into super gabillions of dollars... from just regular gabillions. Romney was also born into money and privilege. Again, none of this seems to matter. The only two genuinely self made Presidents we've had in recent years are William Jefferson Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama. Of course, they are pilloried for being intellectual elitists. Guess you just can't win in this country... damned if you got it, damned if you don't.
    Well I certainly did not hear the left talk about it during his failed POTUS run.....but then again that predates the Class warfare president doesn't it

Nor did you hear the left talk about it during McCains failed POTUS run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TightLine904TightLine904 Posts: 409 Officer
    Mittens was crucified for not sharing his tax returns. He was also crucified for how he garnered his wealth. As for being out of touch, he is simply unable to interact with anyone other than the super rich.
    Mitt DID release his tax returns.If you would do even the tiniest of research you would know that.Obama also released his,complete with a SSN that didnt belong to him.
    Mitt DID release his tax returns.If you would do even the tiniest of research you would know that.Obama also released his,complete with a SSN that didnt belong to him.

Mittens released what 1or 2 year of returns to the American Public, but 27 years to McCain? Has/Had offshore accounts, etc . . As for the POTUS and his SS# would love to see some REAL info on that one!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,436 AG

joe

Based on all the NON-answers you are getting, it is obviously clear that the left just invents reasons to object to the right.
    Based on all the NON-answers you are getting, it is obviously clear that the left just invents reasons to object to the right.

i agree. i dont care where or how they got their money. it just seems to me that it was somehow worse for romney to be rich while running for office than it is for kerry.I am
    legitimately curious as to why it does not seem to matter that kerry has money and it just as far out of touch with regular folks as romney.

trying to get answer around here these days will 9 times out of 10 will get you some asinine retort that is rarely as witty as the poster thinks it is....complete with appropriate
    emoticon

joe

i agree. i dont care where or how they got their money. it just seems to me that it was somehow worse for romney to be rich while running for office than it is for kerry.I am
    legitimately curious as to why it does not seem to matter that kerry has money and it just as far out of touch with regular folks as romney.

The reason you get so many non-answers is that your initial thesis is just wrong. Period. Full stop. Is that straightforward enough for you?
    SuperFluke wrote: »
    The reason you get so many non-answers is that your initial thesis is just wrong. Period. Full stop. Is that straightforward enough for you?

Why? Romney earned his money, Kerry married his money. They both are wealthy. Seems Romney's method would be more honorable than Kerrys yet Kerry got a pass and still gets a pass..
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,333 AG
    Same with John McCain, however when it comes to wives looks, McCain has the edge.

Remember, McCain is a conservative, that means strong family values, how did his first wife Carol McCain look after her car crash when he dumped her?
    Why? Romney earned his money, Kerry married his money. They both are wealthy. Seems Romney's method would be more honorable than Kerrys yet Kerry got a pass and still gets a pass..

The "wrong" part is the initial argument that Romney or Kerry were deemed out-of-touch based solely on their wealth. It just isn't true. Romney opened his mouth any chance he got to show exactly how out-of-touch he was. He celebrated it. His whole campaign was base on it. It was a very interesting tact to take... and it lost. Nothing wrong with that I guess. I don't remember a lot of Kerry's Presidential run coming down to how the public viewed his as being out-of-touch. I remember the Swift Boaters... the largest and most well-funded political slur campaign in history. It could not be argued that Kerry was out-of-touch in contrast to GWB, who is the living embodiment of privilege. Also, Kerry just didn't marry into money... his Mom is a Forbes... not exactly humble roots.

Now McCain, there is guy who married into money.
    Maybe because Kerry is 10 times the man and has served this country 10 more than Mitt the fresh prince of Kolob did.
    Military service? Kerry, yes, Mitt, no
    Senator, Kerry Yes, Mitt no
    Dog abuser, Kerry, no, Mitt yes
    Sent jobs out of America to make money, Kerry, no, Mitt, yes

It wasn't the money, it was the attitude about having the money, Kerry, no, Mitt, YES, YES, YES

You can't see it because your head is so far up your right side.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    Maybe because Kerry is 10 times the man and has served this country 10 more than Mitt the fresh prince of Kolob did.
    Military service? Kerry, yes, Mitt, no
    Senator, Kerry Yes, Mitt no
    Dog abuser, Kerry, no, Mitt yes
    Sent jobs out of America to make money, Kerry, no, Mitt, yes

It wasn't the money, it was the attitude about having the money, Kerry, no, Mitt, YES, YES, YES

You can't see it because your head is so far up your right side.

Not a mitt fan but share with me exactly how many jobs Kerry has created?
    Functionally, Kerry has probably destroyed more jobs with his liberal policies than Romney ever laid off. But share how many jobs that Kerry has created with all that service.
    Where did I say he created any.
    Reading comprehension problems, again?
    You a mind reader? What am I calling you right now?

Since you asked, here look for yourself at how many times he voted for laws that created jobs.
    http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/53306/john-kerry/?p=10

Hundreds of times, and since many seem to think the money is his, how many tomatoe farmers and pickers do you think he has employed? Cucumbers? Ketchup was the largest condiment in America until the illegal Mexicans came and made Salsa #1.