For you Obama Voters....

2»

Replies

• CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    If we follow the plan I suggested, we won't be bankrupt. Remember 2000?

What plan...

How are you going to get unemployment to 6%
    Reduce Healthcare
    Fair wages......

The list are a set of goals....
    A plan is when you put steps to achieving those goals.

Right now....no one is on a path to accomplish any of this
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    rickc wrote: »
    All you guys want to scream about is the Federal Debt

Bush runs the country off a cliff and you want to blame the cost on Obama. The majority of Americans do agree what is happening now is most definitely Bush and the Republican party's responsibility

truth is all this federal debt goes right back to the Idol of the Republican Party Reagan. He was the one who started us down the "Trickle Down" path.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSasjWRIdT9g5ByZSSRryQwe1zNKXP4X_QjkdNra1QqInxCXBoh

That's rich.....
    do you have s ource that shows...most economist believe that or just the folks who watch ABC/CBS and NBS...you know the illinformed masses.
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    That's rich.....
    do you have s ource that shows...most economist believe that or just the folks who watch ABC/CBS and NBS...you know the illinformed masses.

Ill informed masses? Obviously you mean Fox News views . . they are actually dumber than folks who watch no news at all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TightLine904TightLine904 Posts: 409 Officer
    This country was at its best under Reagan and Bush...PERIOD...Clinton started the downward spiral when him and his goons Barney frank and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac decided everyone has a right to own a home even if they cant afford it.They made it possible for anyone to just sign the dotted line to get a house knowing **** well they couldnt afford it once their variable rate mortgage went up.Its partially their fault and partially the nitwits that signed the mortgages without reading the fine print.You libtards can try and sspin it any way you want to,but those are the FACTS,like it or not.
  • Accurate TwrsAccurate Twrs Posts: 1,992 Officer
    Tightline... you speak the truth yet the libs refuse to even believe they had anything to do with the fall of this country. Oh i bought a new ar-15 from Wally world
    last week. All you libs are invited over for a shoot out... or not... heh heh heh....!!!
    Well... I didn't vote for him, So it must have been you... Thanks a lot A$$-hole..
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    This country was at its best under Reagan and Bush...PERIOD...Clinton started the downward spiral when him and his goons Barney frank and Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac decided everyone has a right to own a home even if they cant afford it.They made it possible for anyone to just sign the dotted line to get a house knowing **** well they couldnt afford it once their variable rate mortgage went up.Its partially their fault and partially the nitwits that signed the mortgages without reading the fine print.You libtards can try and sspin it any way you want to,but those are the FACTS,like it or not.

Economists: Gramm To Blame For The Current Crisis

By Pat Garofalo on Sep 20, 2008 at 9:05 am

mccain-phil-gramm.jpgIn recent days, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has been promising to “put an end to the reckless conduct, corruption, and unbridled greed that have caused a crisis on Wall Street.” This is an interesting development for McCain, who before this week was a champion of deregulation.

It is doubly interesting though, because McCain voted for the bill that deregulated Wall St. and allowed such “reckless conduct” to occur in the first place. And one of the bill’s architects was McCain economic adviser, former Sen. Phil Gramm (R-TX).

In 1999, Congress passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which abolished “all of the significant rules put in place at the time of the Great Depression designed to prevent a repeat.” Specifically, this act “destroyed the Depression-era barrier to the merger of stockbrokers, banks and insurance companies.”

Yesterday, a group of economists, including Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz, slammed Gramm for having a “mentality that doesn’t understand the nature of systemic risks in financial systems,” and said that his bill helped create the current financial turmoil:

Economic experts say that Gramm and others are to blame for the current crisis that is shaking Wall Street.

Gramm’s successful effort to pass banking reform laws in 1999, which reduced decades-old regulations separating banking, insurance and brokerage activities, helped to create the current economic crisis.

“As a result, the culture of investment banks was conveyed to commercial banks and everyone got involved in the high-risk gambling mentality. That mentality was core to the problem that we’re facing now,” Stiglitz says.

Lakshman Achuthan, managing director of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, said that “we were setting up this bonfire years ago — the deregulation, the inordinate amount of liquidity given to the system all set the stage for the bubble and the bust.”

So McCain is promising to put an end to the “reckless conduct” that he voted to allow, while being advised by a team that still believes rampant deregulation is the way to go.
    Economists: Gramm To Blame For The Current Crisis

By Pat Garofalo on Sep 20, 2008 at 9:05 am

mccain-phil-gramm.jpgIn recent days, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has been promising to “put an end to the reckless conduct, corruption, and unbridled greed that have caused a crisis on Wall Street.” This is an interesting development for McCain, who before this week was a champion of deregulation.

It is doubly interesting though, because McCain voted for the bill that deregulated Wall St. and allowed such “reckless conduct” to occur in the first place. And one of the bill’s architects was McCain economic adviser, former Sen. Phil Gramm (R-TX).

In 1999, Congress passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which abolished “all of the significant rules put in place at the time of the Great Depression designed to prevent a repeat.” Specifically, this act “destroyed the Depression-era barrier to the merger of stockbrokers, banks and insurance companies.”

Yesterday, a group of economists, including Nobel Prize winner Joseph Stiglitz, slammed Gramm for having a “mentality that doesn’t understand the nature of systemic risks in financial systems,” and said that his bill helped create the current financial turmoil:

Economic experts say that Gramm and others are to blame for the current crisis that is shaking Wall Street.

Gramm’s successful effort to pass banking reform laws in 1999, which reduced decades-old regulations separating banking, insurance and brokerage activities, helped to create the current economic crisis.

“As a result, the culture of investment banks was conveyed to commercial banks and everyone got involved in the high-risk gambling mentality. That mentality was core to the problem that we’re facing now,” Stiglitz says.

Lakshman Achuthan, managing director of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, said that “we were setting up this bonfire years ago — the deregulation, the inordinate amount of liquidity given to the system all set the stage for the bubble and the bust.”

So McCain is promising to put an end to the “reckless conduct” that he voted to allow, while being advised by a team that still believes rampant deregulation is the way to go.
    Like I said,you can try and spin any way you want and quote liberal talking points,but that doesnt change the FACTS.Anyone with even a smidge of common sense knows the housing market crashing caused our economic problems and unemployment problems we face today.And there is a group of people to blame whom I have already pointed out.
    Like I said,you can try and spin any way you want and quote liberal talking points,but that doesnt change the FACTS.Anyone with even a smidge of common sense knows the housing market crashing caused our economic problems and unemployment problems we face today.And there is a group of people to blame whom I have already pointed out.

You are blaming the wrong people. Blame the folks that put the opportunities in place for the melt down to occur . . REPUBLICANS!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Do you honestly think Fredie and Frannie are the cause of the bubble? If you do that is your fundamental failure.
    If you dont THAT is your fundamental failure.
    If you dont THAT is your fundamental failure.

Allow me to educate you yet again. Read all of it . . facts won't hurt you. Take especial note to 2001-06 . . . who was president and who controlled congress?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_United_States_housing_bubble#2001_-_2006
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Allow me to educate you yet again. Read all of it . . facts won't hurt you. Take especial note to 2001-06 . . . who was president and who controlled congress?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_United_States_housing_bubble#2001_-_2006
    LMAO...your reading comprehension must really be lacking....not that I give Wiki credibility,since anyone can go on there and say anything,but it pretty much backs up what I have already said....thank you.
    BTW,the part of that wiki fiasco that says Bush wanted to increase minority house buying by using Fanni Mae is a blatant LIE.As early as 2001 Bush started warning congress what would happen if Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac wasnt reigned in,which he was 100% spot on.In 2008 alone,he warned them over 14 times and anytime he tried to pass a bill to stop them the Democrats put up the road blocks.You cant spin the facts,you can try,but you will fail each and every time.
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,391 Moderator
    Bush runs the country off a cliff and you want to blame the cost on Obama. The majority of Americans do agree what is happening now is most definitely Bush and the Republican party's responsibility

truth is all this federal debt goes right back to the Idol of the Republican Party Reagan. He was the one who started us down the "Trickle Down" path.[/IMG]

:Spittingcoffee :rotflmao :Spittingcoffee :rotflmao :Spittingcoffee :rotflmao :Spittingcoffee :rotflmao :Spittingcoffee :rotflmao :Spittingcoffee :rotflmao
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Anonymous3Anonymous3 Posts: 5,987 Officer
    I'm a product of MCRD Parris Island. The government made me this way, I had never killed anyone before they taught me how and encouraged me to do it.

You on the other hand were suppossed to be a stain, but wiggled your way into this world and are still squirmming around like a worm.
    By your statements.... I would say that you are a loudmouth punk that can't even spell. Get a tutor instead of spending all of your time on here being a keyboard commando.
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,894 AG
    No Freddie/Fannie, we were where we are now 20 years ago.
    The housing market became the only industry that kept the country going, all the other jobs had been shipped overseas or the overseas products had been shipped in to replace them. That's why when housing went bust, so did the country.
    Cause, you can't export housing construction, they tried by importing illegal Mexicans to do the work, and that became a boom for the other republican favorite industry, the judicial/prision industry. A grand plan tp lock away the democrats and take their voting rights so they could usurp the country. They didn't plan on what few inner city men were left would impregnate all of the women whose husbands were locked up, every year.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • dstockwelldstockwell Posts: 13,799 AG
    The entire system is to blame. We should never have a debt for so many decades.
    It is not the responsibility of the United States to solve the problems of other countries.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice stuff Gary M