If over the fiscal cliff will it end "earned income" tax rebates?

2»

Replies

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,891 AG
    "What I am trying to say is that you have no real idea how much tax or regulatory fees a consumer pays on items today. Consumers could pay 80% taxes on items today." You left out the tax paid on the fuel to move the object and the tax paid on the workers who manipulated the object into it's form that was sellable, including the designers/engineers of the object and those who are tasked with marketing the object.
    Ca-****!

Now you see it too.

Same way it went when I presented the paper, the professors all said, no way, defend.

I defended, I presented the numbers, I reminded them of all the taxes they pay that are not taxes (fees to the government) I showed them that 80% of all the money earned by workers in the US was spent by the government.
    They relented that I was on to something. They wouldn't or couldn't say just what, but I left the class with a 4.0 GPA.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,177 AG
    "What I am trying to say is that you have no real idea how much tax or regulatory fees a consumer pays on items today. Consumers could pay 80% taxes on items today." You left out the tax paid on the fuel to move the object and the tax paid on the workers who manipulated the object into it's form that was sellable, including the designers/engineers of the object and those who are tasked with marketing the object.
    Ca-****!

Now you see it too.

Same way it went when I presented the paper, the professors all said, no way, defend.

I defended, I presented the numbers, I reminded them of all the taxes they pay that are not taxes (fees to the government) I showed them that 80% of all the money earned by workers in the US was spent by the government.
    They relented that I was on to something. They wouldn't or couldn't say just what, but I left the class with a 4.0 GPA.

Since you used government spending you did not prove that items currently have a 80% tax rate. You proved it would take a 80% tax on top of the cost of goods to meet current government spending (using the year you chose). That is not the same thing. Government spending is at 80% of household income (not 80% of all income earned by workers since worker contribute to corporate income). The tax on current goods is not at 80% either. It was a good theoretical exercise, but that is all.

As I stated above, current government spending for 2011 is at 105% of 2011 household income (using census data). That means that, using your theory, the tax on a product now exceeds the price on the product. Since that is an impossibility, maybe you can understand what you are saying is not a reality.

Mini Mart Magnate

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,891 AG
    Impossible?
    What do you think the debt is?

The cost of running the government has exceeded the price (value) of the government.

Welcome to the real problem.

My theory stands, it has been defended and you agreeded with it.

Hard to swallow, very, impossible, we're living it, so it is possible.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,177 AG
    Impossible?
    What do you think the debt is?

The cost of running the government has exceeded the price (value) of the government.

Welcome to the real problem.

My theory stands, it has been defended and you agreeded with it.

Hard to swallow, very, impossible, we're living it, so it is possible.

I think I see how you claim your professors agreed with you now. I never agreed with your original statement and have stated you made a leap in logic that is not provable. But you still claim I agree with you.

You going to law school by any chance?

Mini Mart Magnate