Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

lowrance elite 4 dsi

I received an elite 4 dsi for christmas. I have a 16 ft. sea nymph aluminum boat and generally fish the icw near inlet of ponce and new smyrna. i am a rookie at any electronics but was wondering if there is a hot spot chip for newsmyrna/ oakhill/indian river that could benefit me in catching fish? thank you in advance for any asistance.

Replies

• Caribbean SoulCaribbean Soul Posts: 234 Officer
    welcome you posted in fishing reports, need help for electronics post there!
  • BPGatorBPGator Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Ryan

I'm not an expert in the gps chart area but recently bought a lowrance gps. Navionics is the best option I found and your Elite 4 DSI should be compatibale with the chip...They break up their different chart areas utilizing a numbering system. The US Southeast and North Bahamas Chart number is 906. If you are a serious weekend warrior like myself you should buy either gold or platium verision of the 906 chart. The platinum runs a jaw dropping $200 retail and I think gold is $150. Check out the website and I also do some general web searching to aid in the (semi) big ticket item such as the proper chart.

Check to make sure your unit is compatible with the Navionics chip on the company website listed below. The chip conveniently comes with a usb port (or something similar) to update the chart with current water levels and updated charts.

http://www.navionics.com/en/platinum-

Not your exact Lowrance unit but has some useful information...
    http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-318299.html

Tight Lines,

Brandon
  • ryan woodryan wood Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    thank you for your help!
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    The Navionics app on your smart phone is great and you get both salt n fresh water charts for $10.00... you can do everything from you phone, even offshore the app runs off satellites. Get a garmin if you looking to a good gps with the best charts. If you r looking for the DSI or SI go with Hummingbird. Lowrance is over rated!
    IMG_1519.jpg