Islamorada Gator Trout.

Found some Big FL Keys Gator trout earlier this week in the islamorada area the we caught a few Reds a Sawfish an these big trout what a blast catching them on fly and spin pulled out the GoPro an Made A NEW VIDEO Check It Out:fishing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfNCNLPHXU&feature=share&list=UUAxWSrsG1n7eAcp2n0j55aw

YouTube Link Below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfNCNLPHXU&feature=share&list=UUAxWSrsG1n7eAcp2n0j55aw
OutOfTheBlueCharters.com
Capt.Todd Monson (305)393-5003

Replies

• jbpojbpo Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Great video! I'm jealous. I'm in the North Pole of FL (Jacksonville) so wading in the water isn't a good idea. I can't wait to get back to Islamorada for some catching. Tight lines!
  • ucfletchucfletch Posts: 42 Greenhorn
    great trout I didn't think they got that big here!
  • sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Good report, pics & video. Thanks for sharing.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • ExocetExocet Posts: 55 Deckhand
    Great video, looks like you had allot more fun today then I did shoveling snow. :cry
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NSED_FLMNHNSED_FLMNH Posts: 12 Greenhorn
    Please report the sawfish you caught to http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/sawfish/form.html if you have not done so already. Thanks!!
  • Got TA GoGot TA Go Posts: 2,608 Captain
    Great Vid! Looks like ya'll had a blast! :beer

Rob
    www.gottagofishinginkeywest.com

Hero's Don't Wear Capes....They Wear Dog Tags.
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Awesome vid and very nice trout.Looks like the trout bite is strong all around Florida (and the Keys:wink).
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • Chewdog2121Chewdog2121 Posts: 469 Officer
    Although not as big of trout as you guys catch up in your region troutman, I've caught some pretty quality fish the last several times I've been out (in the Upper Keys areas). I'm still trying to dial in that 25+ gator (biggest this year for me has been 23"), but I believe I lost my 25+ to a violent head shake last week. I've been fishing the shallow water areas in/around the islands shorelines etc., and even finding some 1-2 foot mixed bottom areas and throwing top waters as far as I can cast. I've followed some of your pics/reports, you catch nice trout. There is just something about catching big trout on light tackle that tickles my fancy.
  • DoozeDooze Posts: 233 Officer
    Great pics! Gotta love the lighter coloration on the trout down there.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Nicely done
  • SLW UroCaneSLW UroCane Port St. LuciePosts: 407 Deckhand
    awesome! the water is soooooo much clearer and the trout are much lighter in color as compared to up here in Ft Pierce, great job! would you mind messaging me your charter info? thanks
    Tight Lines !!! For more information on a vasectomy, please visit www.gulfstreamurology.com.