12-27 Patch Reefs BPK Not Bad At All!

We had a late start of of 1230PM but managed a few decent fish. Caught a TON of short red grouper :banghead (2 just half an inch or so) and a few short gags but no keepers bummer! My wife landed a nice spanish mack :grin and we picked up a few very nice lesser amberjack and mango snapper and a nice 13 inch lane snapper. Had several cut offs today as well and landed a few small sharks along with the usual grunts and porgies. Not a bad day at all and fresh fish for the family!

Enjoy the shot, I hope to get offshore again depending on the seas. Waters are cooling but hoping to get a shot at some bugs as well.

Replies

• swordslayer71swordslayer71 Posts: 398 Deckhand
    Good stuff :beer thanks for sharing.
  • urbanRenewalurbanRenewal Posts: 395 Officer
    Nice haul.

It was too nice in the afternoon so we went out between Little Palm and Spanish Harbor for 3 hours or so. Trolled the edges for a while then drifted along "fun" fishing. It was pretty steady with short grouper, some nice mangroves, little yellowtails a a couple of jacks getting released to grow up. Still hoping for that keeper grouper before year end.
    Capt. Tom Urban, "urbanRenewal", Cudjoe Key, FL www.LooeKeyReefAdventures.com
  • NorthernNorthern Posts: 873 Officer
    Tom... I was trolling the same area 3 or 4 days ago for grouper. There was sooo much floating, scattered grass, we had to be constantly be reeling in the lures to clean them off.
    Has some off the grass moved out of the area?
    I agree. It would be nice to get a legal or 2 grouper in the next 3 days.
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 2,001 Captain
    I noticed quite a bit of weed stacked up on our way to our spots. I usually try to troll a bit on the way out but not yesterday.