Off topic Youth Dirt bike trails

Picked up a CRF 50 for my seven year old this xmas and am now struggling with places to trail ride locally(Clearwater). I am aware of Croom and plan to head that way soon but would like to find an area closer for him to get cumfortable first.
I do not think he is ready for the whole MX track(Sunshine) thing yet.

Advanced thanks

Replies

• CaptainBlyCaptainBly Posts: 2,088 Captain
    PM TokinRed. He might have some insight on this. He just got his son a little bike for Christmas too.
    In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013
  • Capt. PantsCapt. Pants Posts: 659 Officer
    Biohazzard wrote: »
    Picked up a CRF 50 for my seven year old this xmas and am now struggling with places to trail ride locally(Clearwater). I am aware of Croom and plan to head that way soon but would like to find an area closer for him to get cumfortable first.
    I do not think he is ready for the whole MX track(Sunshine) thing yet.

Advanced thanks
    I have spent a lot of time at Croom with my son and daughter, and I wouldn't ride anywhere else with them. There's a beginners corral which is just for beginners in a fenced area. The trails up high are groomed flat unlike the gazillion whoops on interior and perimeter trails, and there's an area at back of the big Sand Hill area at entrance for the kids. Sundays are best late in afternoon until close. Just my opinion of course. Best times of my life with kids. Enjoy it!!
  • BiohazzardBiohazzard Posts: 221 Officer
    Thanks for the info Pants. Had him at a grassy field(park) near the house for the first time xmas AM and he did great. Do not think this park thing is gonna last long though.
    I am really Jazzed and feelin like dad of the year.