Staying in Key Largo in Jan., couple questions

Wife and I will be in Key Largo for a couple days in early Jan. We will be staying at the Island Bay Resort and would really appreciate any advice on must see or do options.

Also wonding if I should bring my kayak and any advice on fishing also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• FredmooreFredmoore Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    cat tales wrote: »
    Wife and I will be in Key Largo for a couple days in early Jan. We will be staying at the Island Bay Resort and would really appreciate any advice on must see or do options.

Also wonding if I should bring my kayak and any advice on fishing also appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah,get a pizza from the pizza restaurant there,best in the keys,can't remember th name but you won't miss it,could be called tower pizzas .also mr c,s ice cream parlour,yum,what else is here except eatin and fishin
  • TavernierGuyTavernierGuy Posts: 917 Officer
    Fredmoore wrote: »
    Yeah,get a pizza from the pizza restaurant there,best in the keys,can't remember th name but you won't miss it,could be called tower pizzas .also mr c,s ice cream parlour,yum,what else is here except eatin and fishin

Awesome resort and good choice. Mike and Carrol run a great place.

Chads for pizza and Subs.

Snapper's Dinner and Drinks

Walk across Highway 1 to Dairy Queen(laughing) & the Shell Man for beer and wine.

Plenty of Kayaks on site at the resort so you can cruise over to the Park. Actually has very nice sand beach and lighted pier. Awesome place to fish from the dock.

Have a great time!
  • chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 530 Officer
    Take an all day fishing trip on the Gulfstream partyboat, Capt Chan Warner will put you on some great yellowtail fishing, or you can bottom fish for Mutton snapper and grouper. He does nite trips too. Ocean side near MM 100.5 at the flashing lite by the firehouse.
  • cat talescat tales Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    thanks for great suggestions, only there overnight so time is at a premium.