Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

boat painters ?

anybody on here paint boats looking to get my 21 foot ocean runner painted , i have had it professionally buffed and it only lasted 1 month and its cloudy just going to paint it cant stand the way it looks , maybe somebody who paints on the side thanks joe

Replies

• copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    a location might help...
  • millerlightdrinkermillerlightdrinker Posts: 57 Deckhand
    I was looking for the same info. My non skid gets blood stains instantly and will no longer even bleach out. I'm in the Jupiter area.
  • beat to fitbeat to fit Posts: 2,088 Captain
    For tough boat stains, inside and out...go get FSR (fiberglass stain remover). Best stuff ever. It is a blue gel.

I had some stains that I could not get out, even with pouring bleach and scrubbing over and over. A boat buddy told me about this, 5 minutes, all gone!

I had some yellow stains on my hull, this stuff took that off too. I got mine at West Marine.
  • FishdflatsFishdflats Posts: 176 Deckhand
    You can also get ON/OFF at West marine. It works great as well. I like it in gel.
    -Luis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • millerlightdrinkermillerlightdrinker Posts: 57 Deckhand
    Great advise thanks BTF.
  • FishdflatsFishdflats Posts: 176 Deckhand
    anybody on here paint boats looking to get my 21 foot ocean runner painted , i have had it professionally buffed and it only lasted 1 month and its cloudy just going to paint it cant stand the way it looks , maybe somebody who paints on the side thanks joe

It may only need to be wet sanded "lightly" and then buffed with a high speed buffer and some good product (I use 3M products on my boat with a High speed buffer at about 1800 RPM). You can also search on this product "Poly Glow" Some people swear by it. Personally, I have not tried it but is another choice. By the way, I am in no way a professional on this nor I do this for living. I just enjoy taking care of my boats.
    -Luis
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Martin LocalMartin Local Posts: 557 Officer
    my buddy had used danny's boat restoration located in martin county, but i think he is mobile. he did a great job and was the cheapest around. we called lots of people to price shop. even though his prices were cheaper his work is great and he stands behind it.
    MartinSig012-1-1.jpg
  • 4x4fishingfool4x4fishingfool Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    sorry located in martin county used a mobile detail man (dont want to say his name) but it didnt last long and he used 3m products and it took him all day the boat looked awsome for like a month then cloudy , was going to try the poliy glow but havent actually talked to anybody who has used it thanks guys fro info
  • Cat_SassCat_Sass Posts: 57 Deckhand
    I use Tarpon Marine Detailing in Stuart and highly recommend him. He uses a 4 step process from compounding to waxing and polishing. It's very labor intensive, hence, it's not cheap. But, like any good gelcoat finish, it must be maintained every 6 months in the Fl sun, to keep it looking great. You cannot expect it to last for years. Give him a call, Brian Kirschner 772-828-1128, [email protected].
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]" Cat Sass " Fishing Team
    Sport Fishing With Attitude!
  • producebproduceb Posts: 96 Deckhand
    I have a blue hull and will never buy a colored hull again. I have heard there is some way to get a boat painted like a car with a clear coat over the paint. If they cant do this someone needs to figure out how to make it work. My cars dont fade like my boat.
    produceb wrote: »
    I have a blue hull and will never buy a colored hull again. I have heard there is some way to get a boat painted like a car with a clear coat over the paint. If they cant do this someone needs to figure out how to make it work. My cars dont fade like my boat.

ya me to iam buying a white boat or a very light color next time it was my first and last dark colored boat, i deatiled my self the same way every body says i spent like 150 dolars in cleaning and polishing stuff and within 2 months clouds on the boat well thanks every body hopefully somebody can spary alwgrip on my boat and i can run it one more summer and sell it thanks again