Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

jetty park

Have you guys ever fished the fishing pier here? It seems like it would be a great spot especially for sheepies during the winter time.

Replies

• fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Yeah, they catch a lot, usually More in feb and march, but they should be in there now. Also in summer there are some snapper... Use fiddler crabs for the sheepies... Don't waste your time with shrimp or any other bait, because the pinfish will finish it off...
  • fishboyfishboy Posts: 1,326 Officer
    Oh BTW chumming helps the bite a LOT, and the pier is not the only place where you find them... The whole rock shoreline produces... Good luck, hit me up if you are heading ou to the park, and maybe I will join you if I am free.
  • Matthew293Matthew293 Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    i remember catching a juvenile grouper over there a long time ago, like 3 or 4 years ago, it wasn't a keeper though. I have also made a few trips and i haven't caught anything, but i always go to the middle of the pier and fish from there and always get caught on the rocks, now that i've been learning a bit more about fishing i would think that the jetties are the best places to fish from, especially where it bottlenecks near the main parking lot
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Matthew293 wrote: »
    i remember catching a juvenile grouper over there a long time ago, like 3 or 4 years ago, it wasn't a keeper though. I have also made a few trips and i haven't caught anything, but i always go to the middle of the pier and fish from there and always get caught on the rocks, now that i've been learning a bit more about fishing i would think that the jetties are the best places to fish from, especially where it bottlenecks near the main parking lot

niether are bad areas to fish...but being up so high on the pier, if a rogue cobia comes in you will be able to spot it easier.. definently easier to fish off the rocks tho.. on the pier you need a special net or a pier gaff which if you gaff a fish and it happens to be undersize in front of all those witnesses.. :X food for thought.. the jetties produce though, i used to catch alot of nice black drum out there when i was a kid