Remington 25-06

Replies

• nativecrackernativecracker Posts: 293 Officer
    any idea how old it is and about how many rounds been thru it?
  • oucjasonoucjason Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    It's around 20 years old. After initial sighting in of scope, maybe a few rounds a season to check zero or harvest a deer.
  • RugerRuger Posts: 41 Deckhand
    Be careful with them things...apparently their safetys can be deadly
  • HAV2HUNTHAV2HUNT Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    I would like to look at it.
  • ProFISHentProFISHent Posts: 731 Officer
    yeah the hole safety thing is bs......all rifles that have had issues had been modified and could never be duplicated, read facts before screwing someones sale up.
  • AllenRAllenR Posts: 2,702 Captain
    Are you interested in any trades? If so would you consider a 243, or a 7mm?
    Oh ok so the 75+ lawsuits currently going on towards the Remington 700 is just a hoax? With almost every case involving serious bodily harm or death? Yea your right every gun does that....I must of just got one that doesnt...?

Not trying to screw up a sale...just stating facts...
    I really would only consider a trade for a 270.
  • Flyin ByFlyin By Posts: 93 Deckhand
    What county are you in. Interested. I have a 30.06 I may part with.
    The Lord does the forgiving, Its our job to arrange the meeting. US Marines
  • hoghunter84hoghunter84 Posts: 74 Deckhand
    Its a good rifle I have one from the same era in 30.06. Super accurate.

Only if you mess with the trigger with out being a competent gunsmith will the gun go off.
    I'm in west orange county, depends on what kind of 30-06 you have, I already have one.
  • OnTheSpotChartersOnTheSpotCharters Posts: 72 Deckhand
    If you are concerned about the Remington 700's safety you should watch this video. http://www.gunblog.com/remingtons-response-to-cnbcs-remington-700-story/
    very good find.
    I have a Savage Mod 10 with Bushnell Scope. Real Tack driver. Can you send me a phone number to [email protected]
    Still Got it?
    Yes I still have it, but I have a Savage 30-06 so I would not be interested in the trade, sorry.
    shoot me your number [email protected]
  • lilwoodylilwoody Posts: 1,076 Officer
    All that has to be done to then IF they have been mucked with. Bring them back to their stock config and you're golden. I saw one in 7mm mag malfunction. Trigger was pulled with the safety on and when the safety was released it went off. The second was a buddies 300 win mag went off slung across his back while walking down a very steep trail in the western NC mountians. That shook him up good, it was 50 bucks to fix it. I would check the rifle by simply making sure it's unloaded, setting the safety, pull the trigger, then take the safety off and see if the hammer falls. Then **** it with safety off and bump it good on the recoil pad, then try it with the safety off. The 700 rem is one fine firearm, if I didn't already have 4 deer rifles I would consider this one. The 25/06 is suppose to be one flat shooting, white tail droppin son of a gun.
    "Those who will trade freedom for security will have neither".
    SOLD.