Kon Tiki in Islamorada??

Thinkin of stayin here this year in May/June as the house we usually rent may not be available. Anyone every stay here? Bringing 22' CC and 2 fishin buds, any advice or opinions appreciated!!
Thanks.:driver:

Replies

• marleydogmarleydog Posts: 58 Deckhand
    we stay for a week every June for the last 5 years. we love it. I fish backcountry but there is easy access to ocean. I recommend it.
    if the property is full and the majority of guests have boats, the dockage can be a little tight.
  • goosemonkeygoosemonkey Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Thanks Marleydog!! Any trouble getting in/out on low tides?
  • wonderboywonderboy Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    no issues with low tide for your boat....ramp is perfect for your boat. I stayed there some years back with a 23' open
  • limitlesslimitless Posts: 569 Officer
    Nice place; I've stayed there about 7 times over the past 4 years.

One thing to be careful of though: NO refunds, even if you book for a number of nights and have to leave a day early! You have to pay for the full stay on arrival and they will not refund any of it. I was down about 4 days after Sandy went by and tried to fish a couple days but it was blowing a gale and the parking lot was flooded by the ramp and I had to park my trailer in a foot of water. I ended up getting some trout very close out back but couldn't get out at all. Decided to leave a day early - and the place was empty except for a couple on a Harley trip - but the manager told me "sorry, if someone else wanted that room we would have turned them down because you had it reserved. So no refunds." I even asked for them to just credit it toward my next trip, but no way. Not the most customer friendly place.

The Snook & Gamefish Foundation now part of Angler Action Program: http://angleractionfoundation.com/

Dedicated to Conservation and Education.  Please check us out.

Angler Action Program: IAngler app trip log on your phone