Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Cheapest Marine Fuel Prices near Lake Worth Inlet /Coin operated Car Wash

Little help please! I am heading down from NE Fl for 2 weeks and was wondering who usually has the cheapest marine fuel. I am trailering my boat and perfer to buy on land if anyone sells non-ethanol gas in your area. If not, which marina usually has the cheapest fuel. I will be launching at Phil Foster Park. Also, Where is the closest DIY car wash to tidy up the boat. Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sponsored by jaxboating.com

Replies

• Offshore561Offshore561 Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    You can't beat the prices from the Marathon on Broadway- just north of the bridge. You can google it for the exact location but it's south of Blue Heron. There is also a somewhat newer boat ramp that is also just south of Blue Heron. Sorry for knot remembering the name but you will pass it when you go to the gas station I mentioned. I prefer that ramp over Phil Foster. Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Cop Out IICop Out II Posts: 337 Officer
    Thanks Offshore561. Does the Marathon have Non-ethanol gas. It hard to find a land based station up here that does. Also, I heard that at Phil Foster, I need a Launch/ Ramp Permit. I assume this ramp requires that permit also.
  • Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,352 Officer
    The new ramp is a county park also and will need a permit to use, it also has a gate and is closed from sunset to sunrise. So if you want to head out early or stay out late use Phil Foster. The permits are $10.00 day and have to be bought for the day of use and are not transferable for another day. If you are going to use the ramp for more than 3 days of your 2 weeks in the area, the year permit is what you need. I think it is $36.00 and can be used at any county park ramp.
  • MuttonJeffMuttonJeff Posts: 15 Greenhorn
    Unfortunately, there are very few DIY car wash places near LWI. The closest option with plenty of trailer room would be the one on 45th Street (33407) a few miles east of I95. So you aren't surprised, it's a rather economically depressed area. It is plenty safe, just not a polished area. There is also one on US1 just north of 45th Street (tough to trailer a boat into) and on Indiantown Road in Jupiter, also a few miles east of I95 (again, not as easy to trailer into.)

I have no input on non-ethanol fuel locations.
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 722 Officer
    Lott Brothers on Northlake has Rec 90, you can trailer there and fuel, it was 4.85 yesterday. Also there is a station about 3/4 mile south of Blue Heron on Broadway that sells Rec 90 at the pump, not sure about the price of it there.
  • reelpleasurereelpleasure Posts: 754 Officer
    Sailfish Marina, rec 90, right at the Inlet, $ 4.95 per gallon, this Morning.
    Thanks for the imput guys! This is what is great about the Forum! I will get that Launch Permit today online.
    Gas usually is a tad higher in your region, but last week I was paying $4.85 on the water.
    I will check out the car wash on 45th st. Bad neighborhoods really don't phase me, I've been working them for 25 years...thus the boat name!
    Marathon Gas Station at 1201 Broadway in Riviera Beach has Rec. 90 for $4.29 gallon, verified today!
    Oops- sorry about leaving out the non-ethanol gas. yes, the Marathon definitely has it and it's cheaper then anywhere else I know of. Also, you will need a permit for both ramps, or you can drive south to Curry Park which does not require a permit. There are some very friendly homeless people willing to help you at Curry but a simple no thank you and they won't bother you. If you plan on leaving your truck/trailer I would stick to Phil Foster. Curry does have police patrolling over night but I would feel safer w Phil.
    I should have read the whole thread before I replied since the other guys covered it but you can see we are consistent- thumbs up! Hope you have a great trip and leave some fish for us :)
    By the way- Curry is about 5 miles south (guess) of that Marathon and a little tricky to get to with all the construction right now. Just giving you another option
    Appreciate It!