Price of Coffee!!! Dunkin Donuts = JUNK!!!!

pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
What happened?? Is there some sort of coffee bean shortage?

Every few weeks I buy 4 - 1# bags of coffee at Dunkin Donuts. I do that because if you buy 4 bags they give you a pretty good discount. 4 bags is normally $20. Well, today I go in and they are now charging $26 for 4 bags!!! :Angry

Is China starting to drink coffee or something?
«1

Replies

  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    Cry baby. Our dollar is worthless, blame Henson.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Tater is trolling hard today..
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Cry baby. Our dollar is worthless, blame Henson.

    We're talking about coffee here. Please stay on topic.
  • FlyinPilchardFlyinPilchard Posts: 87 Deckhand
    Dont get me started:Angry
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    We're talking about coffee here. Please stay on topic.
    Is your complaint with the coffee or the price? I don't think you even know what you're crying about.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    CaptTater wrote: »
    Is your complaint with the coffee or the price? I don't think you even know what you're crying about.

    Both. I'm complaining about the price of coffee. Holy crap...did I accidentally post on a trad forum???
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Both. I'm complaining about the price of coffee. Holy crap...did I accidentally post on a trad forum???
    So my answer stands.. The dollars you use to buy it are worth less. Apparently their coffee has that new dumb powder in it too.
    You're gripe is not about the coffee.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    CaptTater wrote: »
    So my answer stands.. The dollars you use to buy it are worth less. Apparently their coffee has that new dumb powder in it too.
    You're gripe is not about the coffee.

    Is this kinda like how they argue in Politics??

    Ok...I like the coffee, I don't like the price so I guess technically you are correct. So, now I'll just say I hate Dunkin Donuts for raising the price. I'm going to boycott something.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 7,462 Admiral
    Coffee Futures Driven Up By Speculative Trading

    In the past year coffee futures have nearly doubled due to supply and demand factors as well as speculative trading on futures markets driven by large infusions of cash from hedge funds and index funds engaged in financial speculation. Coffee futures contracts are traded on the New York Board of Trade.

    This speculative futures trading, in anticipation of higher prices in the future, has occurred across the commodity markets and is attributed to the low interest rates being maintained by the Federal Reserve driving large amounts of money into commodity markets, which in turn has helped to drive up commodity prices, including coffee prices – coffee futures have nearly doubled in the last twelve months.

    Meanwhile the massive new U.S. debt that has accrued in the last few years has driven down the value of the U.S. dollar which effectively creates higher commodity prices for all Americans, so coffee prices going up is due to reasons beyond simple supply and demand.

    Emerging Economies Driving High Demand for Fine Arabica Coffee

    The demand for Arabica coffee has been outpacing supply due in part to large new demand in emerging markets including China, Brazil and India. At the same time there have been numerous supply disruptions due to inclement weather (e.g., Indonesia, Brazil, Colombia) as well as coffee plant diseases and pests that have hurt production.

    Demand for coffee has remained strong in the United States even during the years of the economic downturn. Meanwhile demand in emerging markets has risen at much higher rates than the two percent increase in worldwide demand and this is a big part of why coffee prices are going up.
    http://www.espressocoffeeguide.com/2011/05/coffee-prices-going-up/
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

    Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Is this kinda like how they argue in Politics??

    Ok...I like the coffee, I don't like the price so I guess technically you are correct. So, now I'll just say I hate Dunkin Donuts for raising the price. I'm going to boycott something.

    It's hard to argue with people that don't know what they want. Hell that's how Henson voted for who he did.
    Boycott your taxes.. that'll teach the responsible persons.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Gardawg wrote: »

    In the past year coffee futures have nearly doubled due to supply and demand factors as well as speculative trading on futures markets

    I guess it's going to get worse.
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    Pup you adding cream and sugar?
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    GT Fish wrote: »
    Pup you adding cream and sugar?

    No. Why do you ask that?
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    You drink it black?
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    GT Fish wrote: »
    You drink it black?

    Most of the time. Unless I'm making espresso or an iced latte.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    My lovely bride, and she is lovely, drinks that nasty crap. Being the love slave that I am, I buy her a cup when I go to town to get a newspaper. Makes me want to barf the whole way home.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Coxster wrote: »
    My lovely bride, and she is lovely, drinks that nasty crap. Being the love slave that I am, I buy her a cup when I go to town to get a newspaper. Makes me want to barf the whole way home.

    Buy her a coffee maker then.
  • CoxsterCoxster Posts: 3,086 Captain
    pupraiser wrote: »
    Buy her a coffee maker then.

    She doesn't need one, she has coffee-runner-delivery boy.
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    Gardawg wrote: »
    Coffee Futures Driven Up By Speculative Trading

    In the past year coffee futures have nearly doubled due to supply and demand factors as well as speculative trading on futures markets driven by large infusions of cash from hedge funds and index funds engaged in financial speculation. Coffee futures contracts are traded on the New York Board of Trade.

    This speculative futures trading, in anticipation of higher prices in the future, has occurred across the commodity markets and is attributed to the low interest rates being maintained by the Federal Reserve driving large amounts of money into commodity markets, which in turn has helped to drive up commodity prices, including coffee prices – coffee futures have nearly doubled in the last twelve months.

    Meanwhile the massive new U.S. debt that has accrued in the last few years has driven down the value of the U.S. dollar which effectively creates higher commodity prices for all Americans, so coffee prices going up is due to reasons beyond simple supply and demand.

    Emerging Economies Driving High Demand for Fine Arabica Coffee

    The demand for Arabica coffee has been outpacing supply due in part to large new demand in emerging markets including China, Brazil and India. http://www.espressocoffeeguide.com/2011/05/coffee-prices-going-up/

    OMG. I agree w/Tater?? :hairraiser
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • hebegbhebegb Posts: 8,722 Officer
    Tatoe knows all....
    Sieg Heil!

    I resign from OT
    Will be talking to myself in sports....TA TA
  • CalusaCalusa Posts: 11,881 Officer
    This is the complete answer to your question Pup:
    Gardawg wrote: »
    Coffee Futures Driven Up By Speculative Trading

    In the past year coffee futures have nearly doubled due to supply and demand factors as well as speculative trading on futures markets driven by large infusions of cash from hedge funds and index funds engaged in financial speculation. Coffee futures contracts are traded on the New York Board of Trade.

    This speculative futures trading, in anticipation of higher prices in the future, has occurred across the commodity markets and is attributed to the low interest rates being maintained by the Federal Reserve driving large amounts of money into commodity markets, which in turn has helped to drive up commodity prices, including coffee prices – coffee futures have nearly doubled in the last twelve months.

    Meanwhile the massive new U.S. debt that has accrued in the last few years has driven down the value of the U.S. dollar which effectively creates higher commodity prices for all Americans, so coffee prices going up is due to reasons beyond simple supply and demand.

    Emerging Economies Driving High Demand for Fine Arabica Coffee

    The demand for Arabica coffee has been outpacing supply due in part to large new demand in emerging markets including China, Brazil and India. At the same time there have been numerous supply disruptions due to inclement weather (e.g., Indonesia, Brazil, Colombia) as well as coffee plant diseases and pests that have hurt production.

    Demand for coffee has remained strong in the United States even during the years of the economic downturn. Meanwhile demand in emerging markets has risen at much higher rates than the two percent increase in worldwide demand and this is a big part of why coffee prices are going up.
    http://www.espressocoffeeguide.com/2011/05/coffee-prices-going-up/
    FS Forum member since January 4, 2003
    Member #12478
    Not a Jew
  • Mark O.Mark O. Posts: 3,401 Captain
    I have started using the grounds twice...can't really tell much difference and instant 1/2 price.

    ...actually I buy Publix 8'oclock coffee when it's buy one get one free...so 1/4 the regular price.
  • HoltHolt Posts: 971 Officer
    Love the dunkin' coffee but I'll only buy it when I'm feeling like a splurge. I wait for Publix to put the "New England" or the "8 O'clock" brands on BOGO then I stock up and buy 4. That will last me a month or so. And yes, they have all gone up in the last 2-3 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • td.td. Posts: 4,695 Captain
    Starting a thread over 6 bucks a month...:thumbsup
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,023 AG
    Mark O. wrote: »
    ...actually I buy Publix 8'oclock coffee when it's buy one get one free...so 1/4 the regular price.

    http://weeklyad.publix.com/publix/default.aspx?action=entryflash&


    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • got ants?got ants? Posts: 9,140 Officer
    td. wrote: »
    Starting a thread over 6 bucks a month...:thumbsup

    C'mon td., show Pup some luv.. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-004.gif
    tffflogocopy_zps48a02f99.jpg
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    td. wrote: »
    Starting a thread over 6 bucks a month...:thumbsup

    Netflix and now this.
  • pupraiserpupraiser Posts: 10,261 AG
    Mark O. wrote: »
    I have started using the grounds twice...can't really tell much difference and instant 1/2 price.

    ...actually I buy Publix 8'oclock coffee when it's buy one get one free...so 1/4 the regular price.

    Do you dry out and reuse paper towels?
  • anianoaniano Posts: 320 Officer
    Mark O. wrote: »
    I have started using the grounds twice...can't really tell much difference and instant 1/2 price.

    ...actually I buy Publix 8'oclock coffee when it's buy one get one free...so 1/4 the regular price.

    Had some this morning- Hazelnut flavor. It's not a Publix brand, though they do have the best sales on it.
    www.scottdeitche.com
    Twitter- scottyyz
    Facebook - Author page

    new book: Rogue Mobster: The Untold Story of Mark Silverman and the New England Mafia, out now!

    Next Ybor City Mafia Tours - Fall 2012

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • td.td. Posts: 4,695 Captain
    got ants? wrote: »
    C'mon td., show Pup some luv.. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-004.gif

    Sorry. Thanks for the great, informative thread pup.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.