Catching live shrimp

Hello fellow FS members,

Can anyone share with me a good spot to catch live shrimp near the Marco/Naples area. A place you can get to by foot would be nice. Just trying to get some live shrimp for some evening fishing coming up.
Also, what is your favorite way to catch them?

Replies

• fltsfshrfltsfshr Posts: 292 Officer
    Lower a lantern over a bridge and use a dip net at night. Works best on a strong tide. When you see the eyes, dip.

fltsfshr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GANAKGANAK Posts: 36 Deckhand
    Where in Naples do you get them?
  • fltsfshrfltsfshr Posts: 292 Officer
    I live on Little Hickory. My favorite bridge got replaced and now it's a lot higher. That was Wiggins Pass. There's not a lot of short bridges in Naples. Maybe someone down toward Marco will respond. Under New Pass bridge is another place. These are all North of you.

fltsfshr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GANAKGANAK Posts: 36 Deckhand
    thank fltsfshr
    Other than bridges, are there any other areas by foot you think would produce shrimp? somewhere in the "back country" areas, where there are grass beds etc. Even on Isle Capri, somewhere you could walk to, and access the shallow water by foot where grass beds are.
  • nightflynightfly Posts: 497 Deckhand
    Sounds like a lot of work and time just to catch shrimp for bait. I would just buy'em and save a ton of time and frustration. But catching the bait is part of the adventure. If you have any success with it let us know.