Where's the bait???

Replies

• ReelAffair23ReelAffair23 Posts: 788 Officer
    Any bait reports out of LW inlet or Blue Heron bridge/Peanut Island?
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    blue runners down in BBI not much of anything else
    IMG_1519.jpg
  • GreenieGreenie Posts: 17 Greenhorn
    Kapt.Hook wrote: »

where is all of the sardines?
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,304 Captain
    Kapt.Hook wrote: »

And some mullett inshore
  • spearallday1spearallday1 Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Bait? haha no where! :shrug
  • Kapt.HookKapt.Hook Posts: 431 Deckhand
    Greenie wrote: »
    where is all of the sardines?

When you locate them lmk lol
    IMG_1519.jpg
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,282 Officer
    Lots of threads Several miles north of SLI this afternoon in close to the beach 15-20'... some kings on'em too:wink
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Anyone else been out of SLI recently other than Darren? Bait still north of SLI? Sardines at bullshark or just NE of SLI yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,664 Captain
    Good luck Long.I'm sure you'll catch the big one. Your due for some good karma after doing the bash.
    Good luck Long.I'm sure you'll catch the big one. Your due for some good karma after doing the bash.

Appreciate that Stuart!! Could use all the luck we can get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,282 Officer
    Long, I went back to that spot Sunday midday and there was no bait to be found... didnt see any birds or boats working anything either as far as I could see north and south. Good luck hope you get on some fish
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
    Thanks Darren. If I get a chance, I'm going to net some mullet or buy from the bait guy if he's there. Can't wait for the summer time dines!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• swordawetswordawet 337 miles WNW of GTCPosts: 626 Officer
    Fat thread fins just south of the inlet this morning. Got to chase them a bit. Good luck fishing!
    "Today's the Day" .... Mel Fisher
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Thank You Pete... Were heading out shortly...
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • StuStu Posts: 165 Deckhand
    LOADS of Greenies this morning (5/24) 100 yards or so east of Bullshark.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=259&dateline=1339846506 IMG_3256copy3.jpg?t=1307698210
    EdgeWater 185CC / ETEC 150
    Anybody been out of Jupiter with a bait report? In front of church? Green roofs? Juno pier?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Saltlife88Saltlife88 Posts: 94 Deckhand
    Boca inlet bait report??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mulletsmashermulletsmasher Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Ya yesterday I took the northwestern out and caught loads of sardines at the church rocks and today I went on the wizard ab
    ANd loaded up with thread fins off boca lol
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Hello to all we, (LET'S GO) will head out Monday 6/3/13 any help out of SLI will be put to GOOD USE THANKS.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
    Sardines between Jupiter inlet and the church in 35ft of water. They're moving fast but can be spotted boiling the surface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Any updates on bait out of Jupiter? Still tough out there?
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • BigRichBigRich Posts: 87 Deckhand
    The bait at jupiter is just north of the inlet in about 25 feet. You'll see the fleet of boats. They haven't been biting very good though.
  • Seamanator561Seamanator561 Posts: 55 Greenhorn
    Has the bait showed up to BBI yet?
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    BigRich wrote: »
    The bait at jupiter is just north of the inlet in about 25 feet. You'll see the fleet of boats. They haven't been biting very good though.
    I concur, spending an hour or 2 to catch a dozen or 2 on average kinda sucks.You mark em, but they no bite
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dirty OarDirty Oar Posts: 148 Officer
    Has the bait showed up to BBI yet?

x2

Found some scattered Greenies under LW bridge this AM but nothing worth getting excited about.
    cs.png
  • StuStu Posts: 165 Deckhand
    Cigar minnows at the southern tip of the Shrimper. Small tightly packed ball, hard to stay over and hard to catch, but it's bait.
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=259&dateline=1339846506 IMG_3256copy3.jpg?t=1307698210
    EdgeWater 185CC / ETEC 150
  • snook87snook87 Posts: 1,707 Captain
    This morning on the south east side of peanut island by the range light to the breakwater rocks was all bait, snook and a few tarpon were tearing up the topwater this morning. Saw plenty of greenies south of the blue heron bridge hugging the channel and sandbar edge this afternoon. Nice sized baits!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    e-money wrote: »
    I concur, spending an hour or 2 to catch a dozen or 2 on average kinda sucks.You mark em, but they no bite

Kinda sucks lately for sure but we managed a couple dozens sardines and a couple runners with 4 gogs mixed in but it took us 1.5 hours this past Sunday on the North side of Jupiter. The newer spot closer to the jetty was better for runners and the middle rocks of the church had a lot of sardines. Tough to get them to bite until we really zero'd in on the short drift of active ones and had to keep switching up the sabikis. Mostly #4 floro's worked best but one min. red and then 20 mins later gree worked better. I have no idea why but I'd have a bunch of different ones ready when they are shy and covered up with pressure.
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • NobodyNobody Posts: 103 Officer
    between pecks lake and the wildlife refuge there were pods of greenies and also large pilchards right on the beach.
  • RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    If anyone is interested I took a little bait run out of Jupiter this AM. Nothing by the Green Roof, shot back up to just north of the inlet, there was one boat there that had a couple but the bite stopped so nada there. Didn't read any bait on the machine, not looking good