Where's the bait???

Replies

• LynnesloverLynneslover Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    We couldn't find any bait at the buoy at the St Lucie Inlet and did'nt see anyone fishing bait N or S so we headed SE to the barges 4 miles off shore and found 7 or 8 boats catching bait. We found several huge schools of Greenies there and caught a couple of dozen in 15 min.
  • LynnesloverLynneslover Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Capt Dave
    Pecks lake is the area from the SLI 4 miles S from the reef at 20 feet to shore. Usually have wave breaking where it's 5 feet. I get blue runners at the buoy by the inlet, Check Martin County Reefs (http://www.martinreefs.com/) to see the wrecks to fish on. I caught bait at the Barges at the Ernst artificial reef (http://www.martinreefs.com/pages/ernst_reefs.html) almost due East of the inlet 4 miles. Bull Shark is also a good spot to check for bait (http://www.martinreefs.com/pages/bull_shark/bull_shark.html) a couple miles South of the SLI . If you have some large bait and heavy line there a several Goliath Grouper there. You'll love fishing over her because you can be in deep water a mile from shore.
  • Capt George GozdzCapt George Gozdz Posts: 630 Officer
    Chip now has a Facebook page-"Live Bait Manatee Pocket".
    Friend him to know where he's selling daily or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Capt. George Gozdz
    Host "Reel Time with Florida Sportsman"
    www.floridasportsman.com/rtfs

Flatlined Charters
    www.flatlinedcharters.com
  • mulletsmashermulletsmasher Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Heard there is no bait from north of Jupiter to Juno pier this morning there has been plenty at green roofs but is gone now wondering if anybody has heard of anything in palm beach or boynton was thinking of going fishing this afternon
  • Get SumGet Sum Posts: 360 Officer
    Any Gogs around near Boynton Inlet? Has anyone tried to get Gogs around Boynton within the last week? If so, any Luck?

Thanks in advance for any reply's :)
  • B.WilmotB.Wilmot Posts: 204 Officer
    Any one got any good news??????
    Bravo Whiskey
    1997 Key Largo 201
    99 honda 130
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FISHHUNTRFISHHUNTR Posts: 1,282 Officer
    FPI, 4-13 pods of threads were scattered all along the beach from the inlet all the way to the power plant. Ran into several large center consoles at bouy 14 that ran there from SLI and reported they did not find any bait down that way. Didnt mark any bait at bouy 12 or 14
    "FISHUNTR"- 2012 20' Pathfinder, Yamaha F150, HDS gen 3 9T
  • Red troutRed trout Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    On Tuesday April 16 there where a decent amount of gogs and later there where a good amount of sardines flipping on top, was able to get 2 dozen gogs and a dozen sardines
  • Red troutRed trout Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Red trout wrote: »
    On Tuesday April 16 there where a decent amount of gogs and later there where a good amount of sardines flipping on top, was able to get 2 dozen gogs and a dozen sardines

This was at the north rocks in jupiter.
  • sombeachsombeach Posts: 51 Deckhand
    headed down to jupiter for the weekend and spotting in the area????
  • joemr1288joemr1288 Posts: 47 Deckhand
    Any reports of bait in or around Boca Raton?? Heading out early tomorrow in hopes of some wahoo and mahi!!! Thanks
  • bobert421bobert421 Posts: 397 Deckhand
    joemr1288 wrote: »
    Any reports of bait in or around Boca Raton?? Heading out early tomorrow in hopes of some wahoo and mahi!!! Thanks

Any bait? I'm heading tomorrow looking for the same thing.
    New Facebook page, REPORT PICTURES HERE----> ChumBucket Fishing

276076f7-540f-451a-8de4-ba7229b19a11_zps746ac5e0.jpg
  • Hooked UpHooked Up Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    I was on the river all day yesterday by the power plant yesterday. The spring mullet run is happening. Their running the west side.
    The Gogs were THICK this morning out of Boynton. Got out before six and blacked out my well within 30 min. I caught them best between 22-32 feet just north of the inlet.
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,323 Captain
    Saw some mullett castnetted inside BBI yesterday.
  • drsansdrsans Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Anybody seen anything off Palm Beach inlet? Taking some kids out tomorrow morning and want to fill up on some livies.
  • Stetson LawStetson Law Posts: 489 Deckhand
    Pilchards anywhere?
  • blazing_reelsblazing_reels Posts: 589 Officer
    Saw the bait guys right off of boynton inlet yesterday morning. Thousands of 1" pilchards but didn't see any large enough to bite a sabiki.
  • pa28r200pa28r200 Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Pilchards anywhere?

I was Snook fishing the downtown WPB bridge last night and it was loaded with Pilchards on the light line. Decent hand sized.
    Set Sail For Epic Fail!
  • onICEonICE Posts: 988 Officer
    pa28r200 wrote: »
    I was Snook fishing the downtown WPB bridge last night and it was loaded with Pilchards on the light line. Decent hand sized.
    I have never seen pilchards in west palm downtown. That is awesome if true, good sign.
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 722 Officer
    Threadfins thick at Blue Heron Bridge on incoming and sardines on the beach south of the inlet Loaded wells yesterday and today
    Boynton Inlet - Gogs & Runners, went out this morning late (6:00a.m.) had about 20 minutes before it started to get light out. Saw the bait boats between 25-35 feet right out front. Put one rod in with a double #14 sabiki's and caught 15 gogs and 4 runners within 20 minutes. Fishing was pretty slow with only (1) dolphin and (1) BFT. Caught some cool fish for the new 500 gallon tank. We actually caught a 7 inch bonita in the morning and was able to keep him alive in our bait well. He is in the tank and doing great.. looks pretty cool!
  • RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Going tomorrow out of Jupiter, any bait around?
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Any bait out of SLI yet? Has the Sardines showed up on the local spots yet?
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • GDM PhilGDM Phil Posts: 224 Deckhand
    anything out of PBI? heading out first thing tomm
  • onICEonICE Posts: 988 Officer
    Juno pier had bait this morning, in the surf and off the beach, accessible by boat, not too close to the pier.
  • RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Jupiter- there were three areas 1/2 mile outside the inlet that the commercial guys were working hard, joined the group at about 10am and wound up with 1 goggle eye, commercial guys were doing squat. Fish were on the machine but wouldn't hit the sabiki I was offering.
  • LET'S GOLET'S GO Posts: 2,041 Captain
    :fishingLate report for 5/11/13 just north of SLI about 2 miles 30 ft. several schools of greenies, just look as they were working the top of the water. We were on the LUCKY US.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL FROM TEAM LET'S GO,
    BONES AND BOOMER. :dog :dog LET'S MAKE EVERY TRIP COUNT

baf44a4e-6651-4a38-8a03-7b1c3b6bd22b_zpse5ca0565.jpg L.G. LIFE IS GOOD ON THE "LET'S GO!"
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Rondo wrote: »
    Jupiter- there were three areas 1/2 mile outside the inlet that the commercial guys were working hard, joined the group at about 10am and wound up with 1 goggle eye, commercial guys were doing squat. Fish were on the machine but wouldn't hit the sabiki I was offering.

Yah lots of Sardines to the North of the inlet on the rock piles but not chewing as of last weekend. That changes day to day though. They are here though...
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • FLA_FLYFLA_FLY Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Any bait reports for Ft. Pierce?