Where's the bait???

Replies

• SaltH2OSportsmanSaltH2OSportsman Posts: 148 Officer
    Theres all kinds of bait all over the hollywood area. There in north lake, south lake, by holland park, on the beach. Theres mullet, pilchards, and other kinds of shiners and stuff. Just go look around and see what you can find. Good Luck.

TIGHT LINES EVRYBODY!!!
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Fishing out of SLI this weekend. Wheres the bait? Also haven't made it out since January and plan to leave in darkness, have they changed any of the small buoys around between Manatee Pocket and the SLI?
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 649 Officer
    Alwaysforward- I was out last on 3-5. All the bait was to the north by house of refuge. The floaters in the inlet were all in the same spots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JohnnyPlantJohnnyPlant Posts: 86 Deckhand
    Anyone know where the bait is out of Fort Pierce inlet? I'm thinking about going out Sunday.
  • GDM PhilGDM Phil Posts: 224 Deckhand
    Anything in PBI? Heading out sunday
  • Jupiter SailsJupiter Sails Posts: 180 Officer
    Can any Jupiter members give me a good direction where the "North Rocks" are. Any reference point would be appreciated. As of right now the Green Roofs aren't showing any bait.
    2016 32ST Contender, Merc 350s
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Can any Jupiter members give me a good direction where the "North Rocks" are. Any reference point would be appreciated. As of right now the Green Roofs aren't showing any bait.

I believe it's just NE of jup inlet in 50ft. If the bait is there, you'll see a pod of boats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • oldtimeroldtimer Posts: 509 Officer
    Fishing out of SLI this weekend. Wheres the bait? Also haven't made it out since January and plan to leave in darkness, have they changed any of the small buoys around between Manatee Pocket and the SLI?

Good to see you back Jeff. Look forward to your report
  • Nearshore1Nearshore1 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Just head NE. As you run along look towards the beach. Once you are directly E of the big chapel w the cross(easily visible) look in 34-37'. Usually boats on it in the am so it shouldn't be hard to find. If no bait hit up Mr. Sportsman at the torn down marina in the inlet at the bridge. He usually has decent baits.

Hope this helps
  • bluewateryak13bluewateryak13 Posts: 185 Deckhand
    It's not an accurate report, but for the SLI guys I've seen birds in scattered groups diving offshore about 1/4-1/2 mile out. North of the inlet anywhere from bathtub beach up to Jensen public beach all this week in the same areas I was catching a mix of greenies and hornbellies last week. They very well could have moved throughout the week, but there were individual bait pods off of jensen public beach, stuart beach, house of refuge, and the rocks (just north of bathtub beach) on wednesday. Keep an eye out for birds and nervous water and you shouldn't have a problem finding them. Tight lines everyone.
    Thank You very much Bluewateryak13 for the heads up. Leaving shorts to spend the day on the water in the local we call paradise. :fishing

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Fish TailsFish Tails Posts: 164 Deckhand

The Church rocks (you can see the cross) are an artificial reef also known as the rock pile. More information and exact location here: http://www.pbcgov.com/erm/downloads/pdf/projectfactsheets/JupiterStepReeffs.pdf
  • kjacksonkjackson Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Any Bait near Boca Inlet?
    Bait guy was at SLI today. $15 a dozen of greenies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Heading out in the AM 3-18, any word on bait out of SLI?
  • JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 649 Officer
    I was out yesterday (3-16), did not see any bait, water was real dirty out to about 100'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jupiter SailsJupiter Sails Posts: 180 Officer
    Thanks everybody for letting me know where the "North Rocks" are. Much appreciated.
    2016 32ST Contender, Merc 350s
  • moneyshotmoneyshot Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Got a dozen bluerunners at the pink house Sunday morning.
    Heading out in the am. Any bait around the SLI?

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • Change ordersChange orders Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Any live bait in the Jupiter area ?
  • Angler ManagemntAngler Managemnt Posts: 1,075 Officer
    Yes. Plenty. They're $100 a dozen :rotflmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

www.anglermanagementfishing.com
    Check out our Charter Fishing Videos: Click Here

Click Here for the 2017 Annual Seminar Details
  • Change ordersChange orders Posts: 30 Deckhand
    :nono that was just wrong…. funny, but just wrong.
    Yes. Plenty. They're $100 a dozen :rotflmao
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    I've been swordfishing so much lately I havent caught bait hardly at all this year! heading out Saturday to change that though. I heard there have been lollipop runners on the north rocks off Jupiter recently. Anyone out today or recently and any dines yet?
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
    We'll be our Saturday as well. Plan on checking the church, but anything at green roofs or around pier yet out of Jupiter?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Fish TailsFish Tails Posts: 164 Deckhand
    We went out Monday early afternoon. Bunch of big sportys out between green roofs and the pier - looking but not getting. Didn't mark anything. Tied off to a buoy. Put out a chum bag. And soon started catching thread herring by the stringer full. Until my wife got a sabiki deep into her thumb. Ultimately got it out but she was not happy. And when momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy... :-( Anyway they were there on monday. Could have had as many as we wanted. Good luck. Been sporty out there.
    Ouch! Thanks for the intel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• scalhoun506scalhoun506 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    hay Fish Tails, were is there a buoy to tie off to around Jupiter?
  • Nearshore1Nearshore1 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    The buoys that was refered to are the white mooring balls off the the condos w the green roofs. There's is a cool reef under there that you can't anchor on top of. Cool spot
  • roweryborowerybo Posts: 2,091 Officer
    Goggle-eye are starting to show along the Rocks north of Jupiter. The bite has been varied from day to day.
  • Proline21Proline21 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Sorry for the late report, but the north rocks in Jupiter are beginning to hold greenies as of Monday. A friend of mine caught a few dozen in short order on #4 sabikis