Where's the bait???

Replies

• RondoRondo Posts: 762 Officer
    Got to the bullshark arpound 7:45 nada, Tried the sandpile , larger blue runners but nothing else. It was so nice I went south past jupiter, no bait, wound up back north at the loran toweres were I managed 3 mangrove and some fat porgies. I did a solo today and it sure was gorgeous in the am.
  • johnalkijohnalki Posts: 505 Officer
    went out thursday am 1/03/13 and got a bunch of hornbellies at the northeast spot in 43 ft of water,but lost a bunch of sabiki's in the process
  • Proline21Proline21 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    There are some perfect sized blue runners at the bridge rubble north of the Jupiter inlet. Number 8 sabikis are working best. I heard a report back at the marina on Thursday that someone got a few gogs there also. Go get em!
  • Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Got recent reports for SLI and Jupiter. Thanks guys.

Any info for Lwi, boynton of boca?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
    Small, medium and large mullet by sandsprit. Saw 2 schools, one small one and one with over 100 fish. Has to be dark, or they'll go deep and you won't spot them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Cmart104Cmart104 Posts: 226 Officer
    Any reports for the Boynton area?
    Mullet at sandsprit this morning. A little harder to spot than last week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• FLA_FLYFLA_FLY Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    Going out of FPI this weekend. Any reports of bait?
  • wyler1085wyler1085 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Plenty of 4-8" blue runners south of the boynton inlet/in front of the martini glass the last few days. 10 to 16 feet of water, not hard to spot. Haven't been able to find any other type bait.
    Thanks Wyler. Were you chumming them up? What size sibikis? Thanks
  • Critter GitterCritter Gitter Posts: 125 Officer
    Anything back around Palm Beach and Jupiter yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wyler1085wyler1085 Posts: 30 Deckhand
    Cmart, i think i was using size 6 sabikis, but it could have easily been 8 or 10. I just grab whatever hooks look good without checking size. I was not chumming them up. I recently got a hobie pro angler kayak so I've been testing that out offshore - to get the runners i've just been towing the sabiki behind the yak until I hit a pod of them. Usually it hasn't taken more than five minutes to find them. I was most recently out on Sunday - found them again in between 10-16' directly in front of the martini glass.
    Thanks for the info Wyler! It is very helpful.
  • AlwaysforwardAlwaysforward Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Heading out Saturday (weather permitting) out of SLI. Has anyone been out this week? Just wanted to know if there was any bait offshore...
    ALWAYSFORWARD, NEVER STRAIGHT...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
    straight out of SLI in 48ft we picked up a half dozen small blue runners at 7;30 am today.Wind was blowingpretty good out of NE,but we headed offshore.My friend Ray who is new to offshore fishing started to look real green,so i headed bACK INTO THE INLET AND SLOWLY CRUISED AROUND for awhile and then went to pecks lake for some spanish macks.enough said we were back at the dock at 10:30
    Thank you John for the heads up on the bait. I will post what we find for baits today when I post m report.

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
    Went out of SLI this morning. All you can catch 5"-7" blue runners at the first red buoy (#2) directly east of the inlet. The drift was north to south this morning, so we stayed on the south side of the buoy. Drop sabiki fairly (used #6 red) close to buoy and bounce it off the bottom until you feel them on. Reel in slowly for multiple hook ups. I got a full stringer of 6 this morning (caught 15 in about 4 drops), don't ask if I caught anything else...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• JEN'S REVENGEJEN'S REVENGE Posts: 626 Officer
    Were you kite fishing? Where did you fish Long, don't leave us hanging.:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Unlike Long, we could not find bait one this morning. Only Hornbellies at Shrimpers. While trolling the spread back north from down south we did see tons of bait at the Hode Sound Wreck which looked like greenies.

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • FLDXTFLDXT Posts: 2,476 Captain
    Anybody got a bait report from this weekend? Greenies or cigars?
  • NBIJOHNNBIJOHN Posts: 58 Deckhand
    Found runners south of Lake Worth inlet in about 30 ft. about halfway to Breakers. Spread out in a number of spots. Not a killing but good bait size. Large shibiki. Stopped on marks and picked up some at each spot.
  • bluewateryak13bluewateryak13 Posts: 185 Deckhand
    There were some hornbellies and smalllll Spanish mackerel just outside of the breakers at Walton Rocks/ St. Lucie Powerplant today.
  • bassndolphinbassndolphin Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    contact info?
    Appreciate it!
    I can do all things through Christ.
    went out tuesday am with my friend mike and we loaded up on sardined about 4 miles north of SLI in 35 ft of water in short order,and it was great to pull in full stringers again.
  • Capt.AWCapt.AW Posts: 932 Officer
    Greenies were scattered all over North Beach and Pepper Park area in 30-40'
    Thanks for that sweet sounding word Johnalki... SARDINE.... Awesome to hear they have returned...

Truckdecal-signature.jpg
  • jayseasjayseas Posts: 812 Officer
    I haver been hearing about Greenies north of the house of refuge
  • No CompetitionNo Competition Posts: 413 Officer
    Anyone seeing Sardines out of Jupiter?
    2007 31' Competition
    Yamaha 300HP 4-Stroke 4.2 liters
    Garmin and Furuno Electroincs
  • campertopcampertop Posts: 722 Officer
    Yep, they are there. Along the beach South of the Inlet