Where's the bait???

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,792 Moderator
    Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • RondoRondo Posts: 763 Officer
    Going out tomorrow(2/3) I see a report of bait off the church north of Jupiter, I'm going out of Jupiter any updates? Where is the rock pile that was holding blue runners? not familiar with that area............Thanls
  • schmaltz~herringschmaltz~herring Posts: 206 Officer
    There are no bait anywhere around, have not been any decent bait for 2 years, want bait you'll have to buy some.

p.s. I tried out in front of the Church today, nada.
  • StepaboStepabo Posts: 1,052 Officer
    Rondo, will be out of PBI tomorrow if we find anything will try you on 16, do the same if you don't mind,
    Thanks, Steve Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    Stepabo wrote: »
    Rondo, will be out of PBI tomorrow if we find anything will try you on 16, do the same if you don't mind,
    Thanks, Steve Salud

You got it, won't be out till 8AM though. I'll run the beach south to juno pier, if I find anything I'll hail Stepabo on 16.
  • Conspiracy TheoryConspiracy Theory Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Rondo wrote: »
    Going out tomorrow(2/3) I see a report of bait off the church north of Jupiter, I'm going out of Jupiter any updates? Where is the rock pile that was holding blue runners? not familiar with that area............Thanls

There are a few piles of bridge rubble a little bit NNE of Jupiter Inlet. Go until you see the tall white cross and fish due E area in 25ft out to 45ft. You will probably see the live bait boat in the area. It is on many charts.

The live bait guy is there catching bait almost every weekday morning. The last week I was there we loaded up on sardines and cigars in about 32 feet. They were right on the surface and easy to see. There are blue runners there also and we caught some Gog's there about 2 weeks ago.

I have not seen anything S of the inlet to the pier in as long time.

P.S. on the weekends the live bait guy is usually selling a little closer to the inlet and not catching.
    There are a few piles of bridge rubble a little bit NNE of Jupiter Inlet. Go until you see the tall white cross and fish due E area in 25ft out to 45ft. You will probably see the live bait boat in the area. It is on many charts.

The live bait guy is there catching bait almost every weekday morning. The last week I was there we loaded up on sardines and cigars in about 32 feet. They were right on the surface and easy to see. There are blue runners there also and we caught some Gog's there about 2 weeks ago.Tried the rubble off the church today, 10 assorted bait in 1 hour, a commercial guy was there with 2 other recs and it was the same for them. Had readings but they were small schools that you had to chase, not very good. Did have a stung sse wind that moved us off the bait quickly though. Baits there, just finicky.

I have not seen anything S of the inlet to the pier in as long time.

P.S. on the weekends the live bait guy is usually selling a little closer to the inlet and not catching.

.Tried the rubble off the church today, 10 assorted bait in 1 hour, a commercial guy was there with 2 other recs and it was the same for them. Had readings but they were small schools that you had to chase, not very good. Did have a stung sse wind that moved us off the bait quickly though. Baits there, just finicky.
    Sorry to hear it was slow there today. At least you found the spot, it seems to be the only one producing anything lately.
    I used to see the commercial guy fish just N or E of the Juno pier in the past, but lately he is always near the church. Hopefully it will be more consistent in the coming weeks.
  • robalo76robalo76 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    No bait found at Ft Pierce Sunday, very few birds seen.
  • JohnnyPlantJohnnyPlant Posts: 86 Deckhand
    I hear there was bait Sunday and Monday at the boils.
  • B.WilmotB.Wilmot Posts: 204 Officer
    Tons of horn bellys with mixed giant threadfin (6"-8") on the reef edge in Ft. Pierce. 20 ft going south to the boils.
    Bravo Whiskey
    1997 Key Largo 201
    99 honda 130
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 596 Officer
    Saw a few boats infront of boynton im the am throwing nets.
  • Capt.AWCapt.AW Posts: 936 Officer
    Found greenies in 30-40ft in front of Round Island this past Saturday and Sunday. Monday found bigger pods of greenies in 30-40 from a mile south of FPI until a little south of the pines(middle cove area)
  • GSSGSS Posts: 119 Officer
    We found greenies at the rocks north of Jupiter but couldn't get them to bite. The boat next to us was pulling them up quick. What's the best sibiki to use? I've heard flourocarbon helps but haven't tried that yet.
    I am no expert but I always seem to have the best luck with green heads, no beads, in size 6 or 8 sabikis for the sardines, cigar minnows, and thread fins. Hayabusas work well but are a little expensive.
    Sardines and cigars in 30ft off the church north of Jupiter. Best bait day in a long time, unfortunately only one mahi was interested.
    Sardines and cigars in 30ft off the church north of Jupiter. Best bait day in a long time, unfortunately only one mahi was interested. GSS, just a suggestion, which you probably already know, when you get that first bait on reel slowly and you'll fill the rig up, I used #8s with 2oz lead.
    Rondo, we're planning to head out mon or tues let me know if you'll be out, hopefully the bait will still be around
    thanks for the info
    Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    “It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.”
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    I was able to net some nice about 8' mullet in the lox river Jupiter by central today, and had seen some fingers as well earlier this week.
    Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    8' mullet? pretty big doncha think.
    Rondo, bigger the bait bigger the catch, plus I've gotta a 12" c%^$:banana so you have to take into account my compartive perspective:rotflmao Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    Thanks pal, but consider the source, I'm still looking forward to joining you for the moose rut:machinegun this summer out in Okeechobee.:rotflmao
    Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    going out of Jupiter in the AM, any reports of bait?
    will be out as well, dial me up on 16
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
  • davidn7davidn7 Posts: 160 Officer
    has anybody seen any mullet anywhere jupiter to palm beach???
    yes, up the lox near Central
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson
    cigars and sardines just north of Jupiter in 40ft. Sorry Stepabo, didn't see your post.
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    cigars and sardines just north of Jupiter in 40ft. Sorry Stepabo, didn't see your post.

Rondo, my travel schedule has abated.... Let's get Steve and several others and get out soon....

really wish you had, next time, Salud
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ―Hunter S. Thompson