Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Contender sinks at dock!!!!!!!!

Replies

• stingwraystingwray On the creek Ga, Beach house FL.Posts: 839 Officer
    juan wrote: »
    I'm the one who's been "nice" up to this point, but now the game is on and you brought it on.
    Instead of just asking about the stress cracks, I could have asked about the rotten wood / laminate in this picture:
    DSC00938.jpg

or the mold and mildew in this one:
    DSC00932.jpg

or the manatees in this one:
    davidamyandbeckyonboat.jpg

but I didn't.

OK GAME ON!
    You are on the pitchers mound and you have just thrown the first pitch of the game.... see above

What you call rotten wood on my boat is nothing more then dirt. Took the time to clean and repaint area in question also took a video just for you while doing just to prove you don't know rotten wood from dirt on a contender boat.

Here is the video of just cleaning, sanding and repainting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtRtIMxbnk

As for the manatees on my boat it is my family that are very special to me and i also love with all my heart.

I am on the pitchers mound now i will throw the next pitch...

Here we go...
    Here is a pic of me, as the captain and a friend by my boat which by the way is the same boat in post.
    roncreiggrouper.jpg

Your at the plate, so post up..

Post a pic of you and your boat and a fish..
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,526 Captain
    Will wrote: »
    I think you are acting like a whiny **** baby.

:Spittingcoffee

Dude it looked like dirt to me but his first question was legit but who gives a rats patooty and BTW Juans not a troll, I think he has knomes though - now little ricky not so sure about him

BTW I did find a spider crack on my SeaCraft too, its OK - according the HIN at its 35th birthday 8/76 - but its little
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
    I think you are acting like a whiny **** baby.
    Explain why? so we all can understand. Mr. juan said game is on and you brought it on... he is up at the plate.
  • WillWill Posts: 63 Greenhorn
    Why do I think you are a whiny **** baby?

Exhibit A (now mind you this rant came at a time when the ONLY thing Juan had asked was if they were stress cracks)
    stingwray wrote: »
    Ron
    I took the time to take two close up pics and post them of the area
    Why, just say No and move on?
    I sent him two IM about his post.
    Why? Because he hurt your feelings and you are a baby and have to get him to talk to you.
    Here is what i think of him...
    Everybody on the playground gather around the slide while stingy tells his tale of woe.
    he is a troll
    and a doo doo head
    has more than one screen name
    has the cooties
    doesn't like me
    Crying on the internet will get you other cry baby friends but I guess you know that
    doesn't like .... my boat.
    Pathetic.

And Sting, don't send me any more IM's. You are acting like a child.
    You are acting like a child.
    Thanks for sharing, but your option is just like a **** everyone has one.
  • juanjuan Posts: 47 Deckhand
    For the record....unlike you and your huge ego, I'm man enough to admit it when I'm wrong and issue an apology, but in this case I'm not wrong and won't... as the survey shows:
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?9883-Help-solve-an-argument..............
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,945 Admiral
    You two need to get a room, ph **** each other and get over it.:rolleyes:
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,164 Admiral
    For the record....unlike you and your huge ego, I'm man enough to admit it when I'm wrong and issue an apology, but in this case I'm not wrong and won't... as the survey shows:
    http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?9883-Help-solve-an-argument..............

Oh yeah, a survey on the internet. That makes it true for sure.
  • ReelAddictedReelAddicted Posts: 29 Greenhorn
    :Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee
  • Sea-Lie'nSea-Lie'n Posts: 139 Officer
    pottydoc wrote: »
    Oh yeah, a survey on the internet. That makes it true for sure.

If it's on the internet it's a fact
    Age, knowledge and treachery will always prevail over youth and inexperience.....
    ROLL TIDE
  • crcattypccrcattypc Posts: 632 Officer
    OK GAME ON!
    You are on the pitchers mound and you have just thrown the first pitch of the game.... see above

What you call rotten wood on my boat is nothing more then dirt. Took the time to clean and repaint area in question also took a video just for you while doing just to prove you don't know rotten wood from dirt on a contender boat.

Here is the video of just cleaning, sanding and repainting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXtRtIMxbnk

As for the manatees on my boat it is my family that are very special to me and i also love with all my heart.

I am on the pitchers mound now i will throw the next pitch...

Here we go...
    Here is a pic of me, as the captain and a friend by my boat which by the way is the same boat in post.
    roncreiggrouper.jpg

Your at the plate, so post up..

Post a pic of you and your boat and a fish..

That is a beast of a Gag... Good on ya
    :fishing:grin
  • Ron-da-vuRon-da-vu Posts: 170 Deckhand
    Sea-Lie'n wrote: »

And if Sea-Lion sez it, ya can take it to the bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • addicted2reelinaddicted2reelin Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Sea-Lie'n wrote: »

Here is the only fact on the internet..
    You are ten foot tall, bullet proof and can say anything you want as you hide behind the computer screen.
    Ron-da-vu wrote: »
    :Spittingcoffee:Spittingcoffee
    crcattypc wrote: »
    That is a beast of a Gag... Good on ya

X2
    Ron-da-vu wrote: »

Troo....Al Gore calls me for internet info.
    Age, knowledge and treachery will always prevail over youth and inexperience.....
    ROLL TIDE
    I don't think this is the exposure you were trying to get....and you know who you are.:devil
    snortle
    ROLL TIDE
    but in this case I'm not wrong and won't... as the survey shows:

Here is your final tally on your Off Topic thread here we go;
    Views 1472, replies 37 and on page 5 so it's over
    Yes 17 and 18 No/ or side talk as i call it snake, from NY etc.etc.
    And two by me
    Looks like to me you are wrong again and your post proves it.
    I added the second picture in all fairness to stingray thread at the 854 views point now 618 views later no one has voted that should tell you something your survey was already south but went even farther south after second picture.
    Dude, Congratulation you have proven yourself wrong again.

Congratulations..Next to panhandler's whining about someone pulling up on one of "his" fishing spots, that has to be one of the most stupid posts ever posted on this or any other forum. What was I to do, ignore a thread just because stingwray created it? If you had been the author, I'd have psoted the same question. You're the troll trying to start an argument....guess what? I couldn't care less of your opinion..you don't mean squat, so go argue with your wife, I doubt you'll win that one either.

Had a argument with the wife last night and won. You are wrong again.
    Don't hate the players hate the game..

stingray you do need to do a cleaning on your boat :grin
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,830 Moderator
    I'm so confused... but that's nothing new.

I would like Juan to show me where I complained one time about somebody pulling up on "my" spots, though. That would be juan impressive feat.

Can you do that juan time for me, Juan?
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
    After some what i call constructive feedback on my boat as cleanness/maintenance. I took a little vacation from work and fishing for some cleanup, not sure about the maintenance part as we have been running 20 to 50+ miles offshore since about april no problems.
    before
    DSC00938.jpg
    after
    100_0029.jpg
    before
    DSC00932.jpg
    after
    DSC00993.jpg

DSC00997.jpg
    100_0040.jpg
    100_0041.jpg
    by the way the big AJ bite is on :Rockon
  • GA FinGA Fin Posts: 8,945 Admiral
    Pics of da feesh?

I glad nobody said your **** crack was nasty. I'd hate to see before and after pics of that!:grin
    Straight white male living a life of privilege and proud of it.

"The greatest pleasure is to vanquish your enemies and chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth and see those dear to them bathed in tears, to ride their horses and clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters."
    GA Fin wrote: »

I glad nobody said your **** crack was nasty. I'd hate to see before and after pics of that!:grin
    Yea trust me my butt is not as pretty as my boat is ..:grin
    That's a clean boat right there.
  • crcattypccrcattypc Posts: 632 Officer
    very nice boat! I love the open fishability and the front coffin is so clutch!
    :fishing:grin
    juan HE'S back.:grin
  • SharktaggerSharktagger Posts: 327 Officer
    Indeed. Fiberglass flexes ever so slightly.....gelcoat does not. Ergo, "stress cracks"
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat"........
  • Ron-da-vuRon-da-vu Posts: 170 Deckhand
    Indeed. Fiberglass flexes ever so slightly.....gelcoat does not. Ergo, "stress cracks"

Yep. If using epoxy, which is much stronger than polyester, the difference in movement is very noticeable. If using epoxy make sure to use a paint that can flex with it. Some finishes, such as Imron don't do nearly as well as something such as Interlux, which is a marine formulated paint.

Ol contender looks good cleaned up don't she? Now go and get her bloody again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And the thicker the gel, the more it's going to crack. This is one of the reasons you see alot of cracks at radiuses... it's just just becausse they are more subject to impact, but when molds are sprayed, the gelcoat will pool there. What's unforruntate, is that you then have gel cracks in areas that make it LOOK like the boat is falling apart.
  • ContenderHQContenderHQ Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    There are a number of things that could have happened. It could have been owner error by not closing off livewell valves, tied up without keeping tide in mind, or etc.. It also could have been clogged scuppers or fried bilge pumps or a combination of all the above. The weight of the motors did not have to do with it. You can see in the pictures that she is sitting correctly in the water. Maintenance on boats is crucial as well as checking everything before you get off the boat for the evening, especially when keeping in the water. As for mentions of "stress cracks", this is usually gel coat cracks. This is something that manufacturers have been fighting for a long time, is impossible to guarantee it will never happen, but Contender does all we can to help prevent it. These rarely go into the fiberglass and compromise the structural integrity of a vessel. They are generally cosmetic.