Skip to main content
Home Tropics

Bimini Big Game Billfish Bonanza!

13»

Replies

• CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
    More sign ups today... If spring fever is watching could you please message me??? You forgot to enter a lot of details...
    Saw two flags flappin at a distance today. White flags but couldn't identify the flavor. We went 0-2 on sails yesterdays trip. Weather kept us pinned to the pilings today and looks to stay that way for the next couple days... No emails of sign ups or room bookings today but late last night we got the ones I mentioned above...
    The wahoo events were big successes... Thanks to the anglers and sponsors! Lets make the billfish one even better!
    http://www.biggameclubbimini.com/newsletter/march2013/
    Spring fever thanks for the email... Got you on the list...

Tomorrow is the last day to take advantage of the $250 early discount! That would buy a lot of bait or Kalik...

You can sign up directly from the club's website. Click the Billfish Bonanza tab...
    Chase Camacho on Miss Kethleen entered today... Thank you!
    Last day to take advantage of $250 off for early sign up!
    That will buy a lot of beer and bait!

http://www.biggameclubbimini.com/big-game-marlin-tournament.htm
    I was hoping for a St. Pattys day blue today... I got the left side of the spread out and was starting on the right when a pretty husky blue blew up on the left rigger... Five seconds of glory then the hook pulled. Went at it hard looking for another. A wahoo and a nice blackfin were all that wanted to play all day. Few bottom fish to keep my belly still and just got cleaned up...
    Working on a couple nice surprises for the event today... Moving a mountain of trophies to new storage area tomorrow...
    At mid day local boat caught two sails and another was fighting a blue marlin. Benji confirmed the Sea Crest boat catching two blues on the weekend. Seems to be starting to happen... I hope to be running hard at it soon myself...
    Press releases have interest stirred and a couple boats from Freeport and nassau have signaled that they want in. Two months out feels good to have this kind of support...
    In Nassau tonight... Need to get a few things ironed out... Workin hard cause you guys deserve trhe best... :)
    Nassau trip astern of me... Now its full speed ahead. Lot of enquires but seeing a lot of boats showing up that had no idea this is going on. While heavy advertising does some good its you guys I'm counting on to really spread the word among your friends who might be interested in actuall fishing it.
    Again its only $1450 which is less than half a single BBC or other event. Base purse will total 10k and I expect it to grow considerably larger than that if we can get a slew of boats. We give away some really cool stuff. We ramped up the heat on our food services and right now the first three nights are sponsored so good things will come from that help. Still looking for awards dinner sponsor and angler trophy sponsors but like always that usually comes late in the game... Even so I went deep in my own pocket to come up with a great set of trophies. Team stuff is outstanding as are the angler ones... Please guys spread the word. The big fish will be here and fun will be had by all!
    Raised a sail and banged a couple hoos while mix fishing today... Slid across some prime marlin water but condition just didn't come together right. I don't care for the north wind any way... Will try some other tricks tomorrow...

Spoke with management today and we are looking to bring another playmate in for this one... If you have a favorite Playboy playmate let us know and we'll try to get her in house...
  • satbeachbillsatbeachbill Posts: 39 Deckhand
    [QUOTE=Compleat;1311127 we'll try to get her in house...[/QUOTE]

....wouldn't we all?
    We have clout where it counts... The last playmate was the one for that month. (Miss February... Shawn Dillon) we can get her back or another just pick the one you want...
    Site has been having problems again. If you are trying to book you may call the resort directly...
    Ok gang six weeks to go! Lets turn up the heat and keep spreading the word... I'd like to see this thing get big but I need your help... Again, $1450 gets you in, less than half a single leg of BBC or less than a third of some of the Abaco events. Four nights of fun. Three days at peak season for blue marlin (big ones) here... We already have $2000 worth of trophies, that much in give aways, that much again in sponsored prizes... We will bring in a playmate to help hand the prizes out and brighten your days... The boats we got have game... Do you?
    Ok ... Thats good... Another Miami boat aboard and Cisco let me know he has one that will be adding as well. I think Sammy and Benji also are lining up rides. Mack is riding with Miss Kethlene so the native sharpies are all spoken for almost. Steve on Golden Dream currently is available and if he gets booked I will loan him Glen, my current mate. Since I'm not chartering (Boss's son in law) I can import my mate of several years , Colin to turn up the heat...
    We got our first blue of the season to the transom. One of a double. Looks like they are arriving... Like the last one we missed last week the two fish raised shallow right in front of the cut....
    I think Golden Dream may be booked. Will let yall know.

Working on sweetening the deal some with $300 credit from Out Island Board for those staying at the Big Game Club!
  • snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Captain
    I have a boat...need a crew, kinda sux, all my friends that i used to fish hard with are at the beginnings of there careers and can't really spend any money right. I would to fish the tourny if anybody wants to jump on with me and my pops!!! The boat is a 1988 38 Egg Harbor, she raises fish!!!!
    Shoot me an email address over in messages... I have a lot of people wanting to go with no boats...