How early is too early in the morning to cut my lawn?

2»

Replies

• showmanshowman Posts: 539 Officer
    Oh, how I love mowing what's left of my lawn early on a Sunday morning. Usually gets my drunk-azzed neighbor in a really good mood. Won't be able to do that too much longer here as the other half has killed off most of the lawn trying to get rid of weed patches. I tell not to do that but she just can't stand weeds. She just doesn't understand how much fun I have aggravating my hung-over neighbor.
  • Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    I am about to go mow now. I hate mowing.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    They make people who mow lawns. They are called neighbor boys.
  • showmanshowman Posts: 539 Officer
    The only thing our neighborhood kids are good for here is playing video games and getting into trouble. Got 3 next door that are already on Juvi Probation for B/E, destruction of private property, theft, and several other charges. Yep, we got some real winners around here. Heck, the only one that will mow grass has to be supervised.

I really can't fault his father as he really does try and teach the boy right. He works 2 jobs and when he is off, he does try and get his boys on the right track. It;s just the other 6 days of the week that they run around like heathens, but when Dad's home, they tow the line. The mother is another matter. She holes up in the house running the A/C for all it's worth, watching SOAPS.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,183 AG
    Grady-lady wrote: »
    I dunno...

:shrug

...but you could go knock on the neighbors doors and ask them.

That is the ticket. Atleast if you want to remain friends with them. I understand it is hot, but when I was in the situation, due to working a 4 PM to 1 AM shift, I had to ask the neighbor to hold off til atleast 8 AM. He understood and readjusted his schedule.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • tagtag Posts: 8,857 Admiral
    Flash wrote: »
    That is the ticket. Atleast if you want to remain friends with them. I understand it is hot, but when I was in the situation, due to working a 4 PM to 1 AM shift, I had to ask the neighbor to hold off til atleast 8 AM. He understood and readjusted his schedule.

I agree with ya. All of my neighbors are retired so late night shifts are not a problem. Anyway, I normally cut in the late afternoon but with all the afternoon thunder storms it has been difficult.
  • chick-a-deechick-a-dee Posts: 1,452 Officer
    tag wrote: »
    It's 7AM and I'm ready to get my yard work done. Is 7AM too early?

Discuss.

Yes, it is. 9am is good on week days and 10am on weekends.
  • chick-a-deechick-a-dee Posts: 1,452 Officer
    pupraiser wrote: »
    7am during the week.

What's wrong with you?! That is entirely too early, even for a week day.
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    They make people who mow lawns. They are called neighbor boys.

Send 'em over here. The ones here won't do yard work. Hell, their parents do it. In our old neighborhood there were several early teen boys and only one would do yard work. Even his older step brother wouldn't as long mommy gave him gas money. I think they're practicing to be liberals.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
    What's wrong with you?! That is entirely too early, even for a week day.

Pup's husband makes her do it after buying coffee for $26... strong pimp hand.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • PullinlipPullinlip Posts: 576 Officer
    It was too hot to mow the yard yesterday morning, so I went fishing instead. (T'was really too hot for that too) I was gonna mow the yard this morning, was too hot also. Now it is still hot, but I have put it off long enough, and as long as I can. Conclusion: 6:45 Sunday evening is the appropriate time for yard mowin'. <damnit>
    A village in Ireland has lost their idiot.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    what's a lawn and what purpose does it serve?
    I'm not mowing mine for a while. It was danged near dead with fungus. I figured it must be partially because it was too short not allowing evaporation? Anyway it's in good shape now but kind of tall. Good be 2 bags of fungicide, could be reduced rain, could be mowing it at highest setting.
  • Justins DadJustins Dad Posts: 3,247 Officer
    My lawn gives my horse something to eat, which saves money because, (1) hay not necessary and (2) mow less often
  • interminglerintermingler Posts: 686 Officer
    My lawn gives my horse something to eat, which saves money because, (1) hay not necessary and (2) mow less often (3) gives me more free time to be a self serving self centered pompous ****

werd........
  • Big JohnBig John Posts: 577 Officer
    pupraiser wrote: »
    8am on Saturday or 9am Sunday. 7am during the week.

i agree with this...
    My lawn gives my horse something to eat, which saves money because, (1) hay not necessary and (2) mow less often

What are the horses for then?