Adams Waterway

Any issues going thru there with my ride ?

Low tide ??? I draw around 3' ish

How do u get out on the Ocean side?

Looks like SW and follow the markers ?

Danka :smoking
Gause Built 26

Replies

• Ilive2fishIlive2fish Posts: 274 Deckhand
    Depth is not an issue in Adams waterway. The problem is the low bridge. You have to put down outriggers and antennas. It is all a no wake zone. Once you get through you can turn right and follow the channel that leads into Pennekamp. A lot of that channel is also no wake and it leads out to Mosquito Bank and Rodriguez Key. You can head south to Molasses or Pickles reefs from there. If you turn left when you come out of Adams head towards that channel and it leads you out near Garden Cove. There are also two no wake zones in that channel. You will pass a grounded barge as soon as you get to open water. Here you can go the Elbow or Carysfort reefs. Remember much of these areas are protected and you can't spearfish anywhere and you must keep out of any areas with large round yellow bouys. These are "no take zones." Hope this was informative. Good luck.
  • triplenettriplenet Posts: 747 Officer
    Thanks.... Just want to make sure I can run at low tide once I get thru the waterway from the bay... Charts look good but I have not take this route before..

Will probably just run on outside anyway - want to have an option on the lee if its blowin Monday..

Thanks
    Gause Built 26
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    "option on the lee if its blowin" ??? DUDE! You've got a 377 Intrepid. Trust me when I tell ya your ride can handle Hawk's Channel no mater how hard it might be blowin'. (I got a little first hand expierence on this one ;-) )
    "option on the lee if its blowin" ??? DUDE! You've got a 377 Intrepid. Trust me when I tell ya your ride can handle Hawk's Channel no mater how hard it might be blowin'. (I got a little first hand expierence on this one ;-) )

:grin

just like to have options brother - not in the mood for 80 miles of 4 footers on the nose - if u know what I mean....
    Gause Built 26
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    That's better. For the sake of the brotherhood, you gotta up hold that boats reputation!

Kidding aside, Hawks channel is really very protected by the reef. If you have anything more than 2 footers in there, it would be one hellacious blow! I've run the boat in there with 20+ knot winds and haven't seen anything above a 1' wave.

I'm pretty sure you're running from Lauderdale to Islamarada, right? If so, the only rough part of the ride will be from Lauderdale to Miami. But the no wakes zones in the ICW make offshore the only viable option. Once you past Fowey Light it starts to lay down quickly. By time you see Turkey Point, you'll be in flat water and running as fast as you like.
    I keep her at Grove Isle in Miami - may run the bay down to Caesars Creek then fish the rest of the way down.... Looks like winds sit down Sunday and will be out of the ESE from there... So the ride will be fine either way we go.....

They will hear my HPDI's running hard all the way down for sure !!!!! May put some 300 Verado's on her at the end of the year - 54 gph plus oil is killing me
    Gause Built 26