Skip to main content
Home Boating

Anybody running the new f300?

ZweyknotZweyknot Posts: 45 Greenhorn
Looking at upgrading my f250....it's a dog out of the hole, especially with the transom livewell full. My choice would be the Verado unless Yamaha has made significant improvements with the low end torque.

Replies

• CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    That motor is TOO new and too big of a change. There's some pix of one on THT where the side cracked off and you can see the internals. I don't know if outboards are ready to go sleeveless.

I'll get V-rods if I repower anytime soon. I'd seriously look at Suzuki if I didn't mind buying Yapanese.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • MonomanMonoman Posts: 977 Officer
    CaptTater wrote: »
    ... I'd seriously look at Suzuki if I didn't mind buying Yapanese.

Happy with my Suzuki but not with the local service/warranty shops.
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Plane Fish nPlane Fish n Posts: 6,439 Admiral
    Monoman wrote: »
    Happy with my Suzuki but not with the local service/warranty shops.

Monoman..

I have had great luck with Nick's Creative Marine which is around the corner from you.

I only one issue with my twin 150's but it was handled while I waited and all under warranty.

No issues since.

PLUS: Due to the earthquake, people are waiting a really long time for Yamaha parts however Suzuki parts are readily accessible due to their southern Japan location.

Good luck.

Cheers

Eric
    PLANE FISH N
    @Plane - bought my motor from Nick. Super nice guy and a great price. Took my boat to them for the first service and it came back filthy and loose parts. Nick came to my house with his son to clean the boat and address the looseness issues. Took my boat there another time or two and always filthy when I got it back. There is no reason for this other than laziness and lack of professionalism. I genuinely like Nick but he isn't around enough or doesn't care enough to run a clean shop and offer decent service. Maybe my little Zuke 90 doesn't isn't enough profit for him.

I have a longstanding issue where my secondary gauges (trim and fuel) do not work properly. I have spoken with Nick, Suzuki, and even Lentine (when they did Suzuki stuff) and nobody has a clue. I don't really care that much but it seems like something that should be simple enough to figure out.
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,279 Officer
    Monoman. I was having issues with the fuel flow on my Suzuki gauge. It worked for the first few months then stopped working. Took it to Lentine and they played with it for a bit and said there were going to have to order some parts then play swapsies till they found it. Needless to say I was not going to haul it back to them so they could play swapsies and take god only knows how long for a simple problem. I wound up taking it to Nicks Creative ( I feel the same about them as you, boat should be atleast as clean when I get it back as when I left it. I certainly should not have greesey finger prints all over the place), but they did manage to replace about 3 things and it works this week. OH and another complaint about Nicks, when you remove someones torque tab ( the little fin above and behind the prop) put it back where you found it. Thankfully I knew where it goes, and looked at it before I put the boat in the water, or that would have been a very interesting fishing trip.
    That's great for you. Nick told me that the Suzuki rep looked at my gauges and said they don't make them anymore. This was not true because they still had them in the catalog and I called Suzuki directly. Nick said he would look into it and never followed up. I should have pestered them more but I don't like to do that. It has been 2 1/2 years and I'm pretty sure the gauges are only covered for a year.

In Nick's defense, they did not rig the engine and gauges. The engine was bought from Nick's and the boat builder rigged it. However, Nick's is my local dealer support and they (and the rep) should have known their products better. Maybe some day I will get them all replaced with the SMIS gauges.
  • slapshotslapshot Posts: 172 Officer
    I haven't run one yet, but I'm hearing good things from friends that have them. One friend upgraded from twin F250's to twin F300 Offshores on a 30' Intrepid. He picked up over 5 mph top end, better acceleration, and better fuel economy. He says he really likes them and has no complaint in the first few hundred hours.
  • sarasotalxsarasotalx Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    No beef 200 hours of riding dirty!
    Marine Protective Coatings by - www.sarasotalinex.com !
    Line-X YF24 build - http://www.sarasotalinex.com/marine-...in-24-bayboat/
    th_d56977f5.jpg