Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Difference between ACC Championship and SEC Championship..

2»

Replies

• tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    Playoffs. It's what's up. Playoffs! Yeehaw!
  • ducknfishducknfish Senior Member St. Marks, FLPosts: 3,821 Officer
    tapate wrote: »
    Playoffs. It's what's up. Playoffs! Yeehaw!

Yea I can't wait till there is no longer a UF/FSU game because it may hinder one's ability to get in the playoffs or an undefeated Alabama team that sits their QB vs Auburn (in Colts/Peyton manning fashion) because the risk of injury is too great before the playoffs.
    What your Falcons accomplished the other night was meaningless. They were gonna clench a playoff berth anyway and the Saints were not going to win out so they'd be eleminated anyway. I can't wait until tradition falls by the wayside and a 2 or 3 loss team who gets hot at the right time or schematically gets favorable matchups in the playoffs (see Green Bay and NYG neither of which were the best team in the NFL the past two years).
    The "rivalries" in the NFL are a joke compared to CFB, add playoffs to CFB and watch tradition & rivalries become a thing of the past. It will be wonderful to not give a darn about the outcome of the USC/ND game because ND is already in the playoffs. I can't wait :puke

Maybe we can get rid of the bands & pump in more AC/DC & Guns & Roses too!
  • conchydongconchydong Senior Member Posts: 13,983 AG
    One of the reasons that the SEC Championship game is in more demand is because it has National Championship implications while the winner of the ACC really means nothing. If the winner of the ACC had a chance to play in the Orange Bowl, then I am sure there would be alot more interest this year.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• tapatetapate Senior Member SowegaPosts: 5,263 Admiral
    ducknfish wrote: »
    Yea I can't wait till there is no longer a UF/FSU game because it may hinder one's ability to get in the playoffs or an undefeated Alabama team that sits their QB vs Auburn (in Colts/Peyton manning fashion) because the risk of injury is too great before the playoffs.
    What your Falcons accomplished the other night was meaningless. They were gonna clench a playoff berth anyway and the Saints were not going to win out so they'd be eleminated anyway. I can't wait until tradition falls by the wayside and a 2 or 3 loss team who gets hot at the right time or schematically gets favorable matchups in the playoffs (see Green Bay and NYG neither of which were the best team in the NFL the past two years).
    The "rivalries" in the NFL are a joke compared to CFB, add playoffs to CFB and watch tradition & rivalries become a thing of the past. It will be wonderful to not give a darn about the outcome of the USC/ND game because ND is already in the playoffs. I can't wait :puke

Maybe we can get rid of the bands & pump in more AC/DC & Guns & Roses too!

If you don't think teams that won a playoff scenario are the full on champs then I don't know what to tell you. I wouldn't think those rivalries would have to disappear , or maybe that's written somewhere and I haven't seen it. Fcs teams play everyone relevant close by. Conference rivalries get more intense and cross county ones get weaker. I could care less about nd/USC. Most folks could tend to agree. I'd rather see nd join a conference anyway. Can't be gdi anyway. I'd rather see them play mich/ohio st. It makes CFb more region vs region which rules.
  • KnuckleheadKnucklehead Senior Member Posts: 1,418 Officer
    conchydong wrote: »
    One of the reasons that the SEC Championship game is in more demand is because it has National Championship implications while the winner of the ACC really means nothing. If the winner of the ACC had a chance to play in the Orange Bowl, then I am sure there would be alot more interest this year.
    you went way out on a limb there Bro
    Don-Knotts-don-knotts-22921303-197-200.jpg
  • conchydongconchydong Senior Member Posts: 13,983 AG
    you went way out on a limb there Bro

I agree! :grin

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway