Team Paparazzi Big Mahi & Swordfish

Well I'm gonna start with a old report from last week from a previous swordfish trip.Been really busy with work and my sons baseball league haven't really had a chance to post or even get my rod tip wet.<(get it) So heres a swordfish Ivan caught with flaco last week it weighed in just shy of 160#
img2773iv.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Fish was caught in 1600ft with mackerel fillet..coordinates comming soon stay tuned!:wink

This next report is from yesterday off our wonderful Miami Inlet.Ivan and flaco head out early in the morning with barely any bait to hit the mackerels.They casted over some some live ones and nothing mackerels weren't even looking at the bait.So they hook up some jigs and vuala non-stop action and caught their limit quick.So while catching the macks Ivan sees these birds off in the distance and is saying to himself,**** those birds are going at it pretty good.So he heads over there and the first thing he see's is a couple of Mahi swimming up to the boat.(he has this bad habit of tossing over this darn yo-yo he loves using for Mahi)No matter how much I try to throw that thing away it always finds its way back in the boat.So now he hooks the first Mahi and brings him in when right before he tosses over the yo-yo line he sees this bull come by the motors.This thing was deffinatley hungry. He tosses over the tiniest sardine and WHHAAAMM the braid was just flying off that reel.So now flaco hooks another Mahi and the bull is still running..So the daiwa saltist couldn't hold the bull from his run so they had to chase him down.Finally they bring the fish in and realize how big it really was..So they head off to find the cow and the rest of the skool.They load up on Phins no cow:shrug
So after a while the sea was still rough.He calls me while Im at work :banghead and says hey do you think I should go out for a sword drop or 2?Im like sure you already have plenty of fish might as well try.So he says well I'm gonna head out then k.i.t I'm like are you telling me for safety reasons or your just rubbing it in my face that I'm working while your fishing? His reply of course,both hehehe...
So he calls me back 2hrs later. Hey I'm on the way back in already.Im like good any luck? He's like yeah grab some zip locks and bring your knives to the dock.Im like sweet.:grin If there were to be a rare fish around I'm sure this day was the day for Ivan to catch it.:hail

The Mahi weighed in at 42#exact and the sword was 82#.So let me not bore you with words and here is the eye candy..
img3383a.jpg

img3389yt.jpg

img3382n.jpg

img3395v.jpg

img3391b.jpg

img3393m.jpg

Mean son of a gun...

img3397k.jpg

Everyone that knows me knows I'm a tall guy measuring 6'4 look at this bulls size..
img3400cw.jpg

And the chowder..:cool:

img3401kv.jpg

Replies