First Yankeetown Snook!! And Convict Alert!!

Man that is awesome to say! Took my oldest today out, we put in around 1030. Kid said he wanted to go out Bennett Creek, so we did. Fished CTs and live and frozen shrimp all the way out of the creek almost to east pass. Nothing not a bite. Fished all of east and a bunch of areas I have never fished before. Same thing nothing! Thank goodness for iPhone and games, son would of been bored to death.
It was around 130 and we got back into the ****. Started hitting all the limestone banks. Got a few pins, alright we're getting somewhere. Son back into the game. Got rid of the CTs and went to the bottom. Picked up three short trout. Few more pins , and out of now where up pops this little Jem!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353712682.299032.jpg

Ya ya not the monster you fellas get but heck got to start somewhere! We hit every rock and fishy looking spot on the way back to YT. One last surprise, my son got his first sheepshead!! About 13 inches.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353713242.551343.jpg

All in all awesome day. Great save for what looked like a big old goose egg of a day. Tomorrow will hopefully be just as good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat

Replies

• troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Those little snook look so cool when you expect to see a trout. Very nice sheepie and gotta love the look on the young ones face! Way to hang in there on a very chilly day dad.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice sheepie for the youngster, WTG :Rockon
  • Kids Ate My BaitKids Ate My Bait Posts: 1,038 Officer
    Very nice job Dad!! The convicts are coming back
    Don't blink - they grow up fast

e0855416-db02-4210-a35f-fb932b7f1510_zpsizxn0kmf.jpg
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Cool , you did it.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    Awesome job L.T. It's great to see little snukelings up there cause it means the big ones are reproducing!!! That sheepie have been a real fight for your son and so exciting!!! Way to go Dad, I love seeing posts of little kids catching fish w/ Moms & Dads> Reminds me of when my Boys were young> Great memories!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Great job!! Thats a cool little snook and one heck of a sheepshead.