11/20 Crystal River tough one!

Left the dock about 8am, with a father/daughter day planned. I just wish the fish would have co-operated, I covered alot of ground trying to find the fish, and I just couldnt get anything steady in one area. I hit the bars (one time literally, costing me a prop, but I was prepared with the spare, no major damage, slow speed saves the day), the grass flats north of the channel, Gomez, "the humps", the spoil islands, a few rock piles in 5-8 feet of water, Mangrove and Shark Points, and the bars near the beach. I tried it all, popping corks w/DOA Shrimp (numerous colors) Lil' Johns (numerous colors), Gulp, mirrodines, catch 2000, spoons, you name it, I pulled it out of the box to try it!!!!! Four trout were big enough to keep, two undersized, a few ladyfish, my daughter caught a remora as well, she wanted to know if I (dad) could eat it (gotta love kids).......She did manage the biggest trout of the day, topping out at just over 20". The Fish sure are hard to find right now. But hey, it beat workin'!!!!!! No pics today, sorry.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,673 Moderator
    Beats working big time.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    I had similar luck today with only 2 18" trout to show. I tried everything and everywhere but nothing steady.....The best thing about a day like this is if we don't catch....we learn! That does make it all worth it and being on the water is always great! Sorry to hear about the prop. I know you will get them next time.
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,772 Captain
    Yep me too altho I never really went looking for trout I still caught a couple slot size and a bunch of shorts while looking for those dadgum redfish which I racked up a goose egg!! Sure didn't have any problem finding those Ladys tho! Seemed they were almost everywhere I fished except in deep water near the scallop rack! They were definitly thickest in Kings Bay for anyone looking for them for bait or fun! Loosing a prop suxs but TM is right, Ya always learn something new and it was the nicest weather day I've had fishing all year!!! So glad I went even if I an crippled up today> It was well worth it!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Any day spent fishing is better than a day working.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    ripnlips wrote: »
    Any day spent fishing is better than a day working.

It's getting that time of year where the fishing can get tough...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    We had a cold front come through early Wed. AM. It wasn't very strong, but they always knock down the bite this time of year until it starts to warm up again.

Definitely felt a disturbance in the FORCE out there today. It was a P&P day for me. Pigfish and puffers. No trout or reds.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Sometimes things get tough out there, anybody that says it dont , well