Bit of help in Biscayne

I just recently got a skiff (carolina skiff jv17) fully loaded for inshore fishing. i need some help for finding inshore fish. (i mostly fish inshore)I need help like were to launch, what to use, and what to look for i do have a polling stick / platform and trolling motor so i can get shallow so any help would be greatly appreciated

(Reds,Trout,snook)

Thanks,
Mason :spin

Replies

• copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    ask the guy in the yellow canoe.
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 789 Officer
    There is a ramp on NW 79 Street, south side of road, just east of ICW bridge. 100 Yards south of ramp is bird island. Work the grass flats on both sides on a moving tide with either live shrimp on a popping cork or I prefer a DOA shrimp bounced off the bottom or a DOA Cal. Look for the sand in between the grass and cast to the sand. There is also a ramp south of there on McArthur Parkway called Watson Island Park and grass flats just south of there also. Crandon Park on Rickenbacker Causeway has a ramp although very expensive to use that bridge. Further south is Blackpoint Marina, Mathesion Hammock, and Homestead Bayfront Park. You won't find redfish up north by 79 Street, they are usually further south along with bonefish. Never had any daytime luck with snook, only at night on docks and sea walls.
  • shallowsideshallowside Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    There is a ramp on NW 79 Street, south side of road, just east of ICW bridge. 100 Yards south of ramp is bird island. Work the grass flats on both sides on a moving tide with either live shrimp on a popping cork or I prefer a DOA shrimp bounced off the bottom or a DOA Cal. Look for the sand in between the grass and cast to the sand. There is also a ramp south of there on McArthur Parkway called Watson Island Park and grass flats just south of there also. Crandon Park on Rickenbacker Causeway has a ramp although very expensive to use that bridge. Further south is Blackpoint Marina, Mathesion Hammock, and Homestead Bayfront Park. You won't find redfish up north by 79 Street, they are usually further south along with bonefish. Never had any daytime luck with snook, only at night on docks and sea walls.

Thanks ill be sure to take your advice and hopefully hook up on some nice fish :)
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    ask the guy in the yellow canoe.

for reelz.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,540 Captain
    Where do you live and how far are you willing to travel ? Can you fish during the week ?
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand
    you can fish the flats in the middle part of the bay on that boat.. just watch the tides.... areas like solider key and such are pretty productive if you are looking for bonefish.. for snook/tarpon, stick to the bridges...
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• flatsstalkerflatsstalker Posts: 469 Deckhand
    Or go fish where ever you see a guy on a yellow canoe
    09 Beavertail BTX
    1999 18 Dolphin backcountry
  • flatsstalkerflatsstalker Posts: 469 Deckhand
    Shallow side how did ur fishing trip go
    09 Beavertail BTX
    1999 18 Dolphin backcountry
  • BluebirdBluebird Posts: 126 Officer