Marathon Bay Lobster Report July 28 - Morning

Was woken up quite a few times with the howling winds and rains last night.

This morning, we left the house around 7:30am and cut through the "Sisters Canal" again to escape the inshore slop and seas spray of the Atlantic. After a quick Ponchos stop, it was out off 7-mile again.

We planned to stop at the hold we ended on yesterday as we left keepers. However, we were a little late as the hole was occupied. We then started working the less populated holes we marked scouting on Tuesday. There were 3 - 8 keepers per hole until we stumbled upon 'ol hole "575." We wrestled out 24 lobster with 16-keepers. At 1:00pm we were crossing under the 7-mile for lunch with a total of 40 for the morning.

We're gearing up for an afternoon, kidless, laid back, booze cruise/lobstering trip over towards Bamboo and Sprigger Banks with less current and more visability.

I forgot to mention, we went 3-for-3 on Lionfish and caught a few tropicals (porkfish, angels, etc) over the last two days. The lobster numbers are up and the Lionfish numbers are down :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup!

Hopefully, everyone else is having so good fortune as well.

Replies

• DaddyMenaceDaddyMenace Posts: 144 Officer
    Great report. Grew up doing that with my family for years, and still some of my best family memories ever. Thanks for sharing and good luck!
  • luckyduck2luckyduck2 Posts: 208 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report
    JOBS,JOBS,JOBS, We need JOBS , I can't afford anymore change, We've had (ENOUGH) MR.obama
    http://www.availableangler.com/
  • Matt822Matt822 Posts: 149 Officer
    nice report but not so sure about the lion fish numbers my boat killed over 20 in this years 2 day mini season gulf side of marathon!! plenty of healty lobster there though. had 10 over 4 inches on day two!!
  • BaracudorBaracudor Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    YEP, Definately a GOOD Mini Season!

ALREADY, looking forward to next year as I seem to be dialed back in on my numbers!

Hoping that Matt822 will either be staying with me this year, or at least taking the other unit we have at Indigo..... =-)

See ya tomorrow!
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    Congrats on the lobs. I am also seeing plenty of lionfish.